Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Gents

Long time no input!! Been a bit of a rough time with a loss in the family so I can only apologise to all those who have contacted me for help with their cars and understandably I wasn't in the right frame of mind. But that's enough of my problems. :(

Anyway, I am now the proud owner of a company vehicle and really don't tend to mess with the old french cars, however my daughter decided to purchase a Peugeot 307 D Turbo, really nice car comes in handy as I have one sitting on my brothers drive that I am able to cannibalise for parts. So if I haven't bored you already, here is my saga.

She has had the ESP light on and the circle with the skidding car in the middle and what looks like brackets on the outside of it. Both of these are amber. She bought this knowing full well I had the diagnostic (PP2000 only)

The car is a 2.0L 110 HDI. So I plugged planet in, it reads everything ok except the ABS ECU which states being referenced as unknown. When its finished putting in its own reference I am able to view most things in the ECU except parameters.

Fault and code showing steering wheel angle sensor permanent fault internal whilst stationary.

Never have dealt with this kind of problem before so I thought I would get your take on it. My hopes to get around this problem is as follows:

Try to decalibrate steering angle sensor- this fails and says aborted but ok

Try to recalibrate - the system totally refuses it and keeps kicking me out the page.

Com 2000 reports no faults showing but I know that the angle sensor is in the com board.

What I need your help with is: Is planet the problem or do I need a new com board? The reason why I am asking is planet refusing to de/re-calibrate because it has had to reference the ECU or does anyone think that is seeing the genuine problem and it is a faulty com board?

Any input much appreciated as always chaps. :thumb:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Reliable, thanks for the reply, I have spoke to the original owner who sold the car to her (friend at college's dad) and he mentioned that it only happened when he had taken the steering wheel off to straighten it up as it was on slightly crooked.

He seemed to think that it only needed to be put back in the original position? some how I'm not exactly sharing his confidence.

is there any other way of knowing if its the pump with a few other tests etc?

thanks again.

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
I may be wrong but im sure the splines only allow the wheel to go on in 1 position !
The steering being squint would do it but its more likely caused by new track rod ends or badly done tracking.

You may be looking at the wrong ABS type as there are usually 4 options and its 1 of the 2 esp types you will have

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You may be looking at the wrong ABS type as there are usually 4 options and its 1 of the 2 esp types you will have.

Would this be in planet? if so how do I change the options since its not seeing the abs unit and referencing it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts