Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know the correct procedure for re-calibrating the steering angle sensor after replacing the COM2000 unit? I had to take it apart today (won't be doing that again, ever...) to reconnect the ribbon for the rear wiper controls and now that it's all back together I'm getting a load of errors in PP2000.

I've tried re-calibrating the steering angle sensor, and it correctly shows 0° in Parameters after doing this (was showing 180° when centered before). However, with the ignition on it throws a ton of errors when you start to rotate the steering wheel. ESP/ASR Not Functioning, ABS Fault, and Braking Fault flash up on the clock display. I've only seen two errors in PP2000, Steering Angle Sensor Fault - Coherence Fault and Steering Angle Sensor Fault - Internal Fault. Is there something I've failed to do or done wrong when reassembling the COM2000 unit? All of the stalk controls work, and I didn't see any kind of angle sensor in the COM2000 unit, is it a gyro or something?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, it turns out that when it says "Drive the car for approximately 100 meters before calibration", it means it. Drove down the road in a straight line, stopped, without turning the ignition off did the calibration and no more faults :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, it turns out that when it says "Drive the car for approximately 100 meters before calibration", it means it. Drove down the road in a straight line, stopped, without turning the ignition off did the calibration and no more faults :D
Hi XVar,

I also have the same issue with the angle sensor, I have given up and have been driving the car with the errors beeping away for the past two months :(

Can you please write down the procedure, in case I am missing something?

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've just moved house and everything's still in boxes so don't have access to PP2000 right now, but if I remember correctly it was like this:

ABS/ESP > Configuration > De-calibrate steering sensor
ABS/ESP > Configuration > Calibrate steering sensor
<Message about driving for 100m>
Drive 100m in a perfectly straight line (luckily I had a quiet side street right by my house when I did this)
Continue with calibration steps (press F1 a few times if I remember correctly).

Done.

You'll definitely want to get this fixed as you most likely have no ABS or ESP at the moment, which isn't going to be fun if you find yourself needing to stop quickly. Mine was going through about 4 or 5 errors on the clock display before I fixed it.

Perhaps someone with PP2000 handy could confirm the exact steps for you, but hopefully this helps a bit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I tried to recalibrate angle wheel sensor of a 406. But my pp2000 kept requesting for a code to give me access to do the recalibration. Unfortunately, my diagbox didn't come with configuration code or didn't see any.

Please, how do I find or get the code? My pp2000 is on v5.20.

Ikenna

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I remember correctly that 4 digit code is written on a sticker on the drivers side door at the hinge end (I don't have a 307 any more but got an e-mail notification for this thread).

·
Registered
16 Posts
If I remember correctly that 4 digit code is written on a sticker on the drivers side door at the hinge end (I don't have a 307 any more but got an e-mail notification for this thread).
I hope you are not referring to DAM number ? Though, I think DAM number is 5 digit numbers.

Ikenna

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I hope you are not referring to DAM number ? Though, I think DAM number is 5 digit numbers.

Ikenna
yep the DAM number is on the A pillar by the drivers door Hinge I just looked and it was 5 digits but I do not think that is what is required ,, Planet does ask for it but its not essential So I have been informed When it asks for DAM just put any digits in this was Info supplied on this forum

G

·
0 Posts
yep the DAM number is on the A pillar by the drivers door Hinge I just looked and it was 5 digits but I do not think that is what is required ,, Planet does ask for it but its not essential So I have been informed When it asks for DAM just put any digits in this was Info supplied on this forum
I'm not so sure, the DAM number ( or build code ) is an age specific number. If you were to put in a number of an older car or a newer car then maybe some information Planet gives could be incorrect due to upgrades and recalls etc..??

P

·
0 Posts
On Citroen cars you have to enter 5 digits. When I've tried with 4 on my dads picasso, it brings up options for stuff not present on the car and will not communication properly. With 5, works perfectly.

On peugeot cars only ever had to put four in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts