Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 407 V6 HDI and since new have what I consider to be a steering problem. To date the car is four months old and 5000 Km. The steering has a left hand bias which I think is excessive and seems to vary from bad to not so bad. To date it has had six wheel alignments the last of which found excessive toe in on the rear wheels. After this was reset it appeared to be more or less ok but on a long trip the bias went from ok to really bad and then back to more or less ok. I say left hand bias because I am in New Zealand and we drive on the left hand side of the road.
To me it seems that if after a satifactory wheel alignment the only other factor could eminate from the power assisted steering. Maybe someone could either conirm my thinking or offer some other suggestion. I have had the wheels changed from 18 inch rims to 17 inch. This gave a softer ride but did not alter the bias. The car also seems to not steer well in a straight line and does not what I would call 'track' There seems to a null area when straight ahead.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts