Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 407 1.6 diesel just got the dpf removedand new clutch fitted and just to day the stearing rack started to leak on the passenger side of the car i have not taked the boot of but the fluid is coming from behind the boot is this a common problem? is there a seal kit that i can buy? and is it hard to do will i need special tools.

thanks for looking paul

C

·
0 Posts
Just had my rack replaced, if it's coming from the bellows it'll be another rack you need. Labour wise it's 4 hours mine took 5 as all the bolts were seized. Subframe has to come off.

Peugeot Planet owner, Doncaster

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4 hours?? thats a long time i havnt looked behing the boot to see were its coming from i never got any notice it was just all the fluid out on the ground no slow leeks did you have the same problem?

C

·
0 Posts
Mine was leaking on drivers side bellow, had cambelt and water pump done at same time. Twas a biggggg bill:eek:

·
6,777 Posts
Not sure which fluid is used in 407 if it is red ATF maybe worth a shot of Wynns automatic and power steering stop leaks it worked on my old cavalier rack.

Other than that a second hand rack is the cheapest option

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Steering fluid

Not sure which fluid is used in 407 if it is red ATF maybe worth a shot of Wynns automatic and power steering stop leaks it worked on my old cavalier rack.

Other than that a second hand rack is the cheapest option
Hi, 407 uses, and i stand to be corrected, Peugeot Fluide DA, its the recommended fluid available from pug parts dept. It's brown, I dont have any in formation on alternatives.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts