Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just getting used to the car - as you do. Really impressed with it, despite misgivings about reliability from the stories I'd read, in particular the smoothness and torque of the 140bhp engine,
One thing that is making me nervous, has happened a couple of times lately.
When I start the engine, hot or cold, occasionally it does not start immediately on the first turn of the key. Second turn and it then takes a couple of seconds churning to catch and start. This is accentuated by the ease with which it starts on most other occasions.
I'm used to the turnkey start of my old MX5, so is this anything to worry about? All servicing is up to date and the engine pulls well in all gears, with no other hiccups or hesitation. Had the car 2 weeks and it's happened 3 times so far....:confused:
Any and all help appreciated.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Only time my hdi had slightly less than good starting, it was the battery. Even though it turned over ok, it took a few churns to fire. I used to leave a elm module connected to the dish port and it seems that it drained the batt at random times, so bad I had to drive around with a spare charged battery. unplugged it and not had a problem since.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts