Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2.0 407sw and i am having alot of problems starting it. does or has anyone else have similar problems or know what might be causing the problem

·
Registered
535 Posts
What happens? Does it turn over quickly enough? Does it misfire on start up? Does it start then cut out? Is there any smoke from the exhaust? If so, what kind? Does it start easily when hot? Does it run OK once started? Any noises? When was it last serviced?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alex payne said:
i have a 2.0 407sw and i am having alot of problems starting it. does or has anyone else have similar problems or know what might be causing the problem
when starting it turns over fine i get no smoke from the exhaust , it runs fine once started, most of the time it starts easier once warm, and has missed fired but very rarely

·
Registered
535 Posts
alex payne said:
when starting it turns over fine i get no smoke from the exhaust , it runs fine once started, most of the time it starts easier once warm, and has missed fired but very rarely
Cheapest solution and I always advise this, tip the required amount of injector cleaner into the diesel.

Also, you may want to have someone crank it whilst you are at the exhaust sniffing for unburned diesel. If you can't smell it, change the diesel filter.

Next, have someone look at the glowplugs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts