Peugeot Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

starting problems

25K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Gibbo 
#1 ·
Hi just finnished work to discover that my peugeot 307 2.0 hdi wouldnt start turned ignition to find all of the power was fine lights etc but it wouldnt turn over at all. For the last week its been really slow starting in the mornings but i suspected glow plugs can you help me pleeeeaaaassee.

#5 ·
sorry mate i didnt explain properly, the deayed starts were before the non start problem. It was only today that nothing happened when i turned the key the battery is fine my friend checked it. there is no sound when i turn the ignition, starter motor maybee? being a peugeot who knows lol well apart from you guys:thumb:

#7 ·
at first we thought it was battery but we tried it with jump leads and still all the dash, headlights, radio, everything worked fine as before but it wouldnt turn over wotsoever and before this when i said slow starts i meant that it would turn over quickly but take a while to spark sorry for not explaing properly:thumb:

G
#9 ·
When you turn the key to start does your dash die off (ie needles drop to bottom)

Have you also tried a BSI reset procedure, if i remember rightly if the car doesnt recognise the key then it wont engage the starter motor, even though it will allow door unlocking

Myself i'd stick money on it being a forgotten key, but its also making me a bit worried as i currently have the slow start problem on mine (however mine has a habit of destroying batteries!!) :eek:

Keep me posted!!

G
#10 ·
On my old 306 I had a problem where it would click when i tried to start, but no action from the motor. Turned out to be an earthing fault. If it only clicks, give that a go. I had a new battery and heater plugs so could only be earth or starter.

My 307 however, takes a little longer to start in the cold. When it eventually starts it comes up with some sort of error. Yesterday it was ESP and another thing turned off. This morning it was passenger airbag. When it warms up I turn it off and on, and would you look at that, no faults :)

#12 ·
reynoldspug said:
Hi just finnished work to discover that my peugeot 307 2.0 hdi wouldnt start turned ignition to find all of the power was fine lights etc but it wouldnt turn over at all. For the last week its been really slow starting in the mornings but i suspected glow plugs can you help me pleeeeaaaassee.
These are the exact symptoms our 307 1.4 hdi had.
It was the starter motor.
They have a weird end-on commutator with only a few segments and triangular brushes...
The comm was completely worn out, fried, fubar,knackered.
I got under the car and put a meter on the starter solenoid lead, turned the ignition to `start` and got a good voltage so that pointed to the starter.
A recon one cost £100, was a complete bugger to fit - probably because the starter sits right at the rear/back of the engine and the fixing bolts were difficult to locate. Be easier now i`ve done one though..

#13 ·
I always have a smilar issue battery seems to be low but when I have put the jumper pack on car acts normal I did have a key battery warning light on dash
Used spare key which doesnt have the remote but is a genuine key with the anti theft module on the end od the blade.

So car powers up but as soon as I turn the key sounds like starter motor making some noise but not turning the motor over

Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.