Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 307 1.6 Petrol

I’ve had starting issues for some time now, it started with an intermittent problem. I would turn the key and just hear a click but the engine wouldn’t turn over. This could happen at any time, but seemed to happen more when the engine was warm. It might be fine then for weeks or do it again the next time I turned the key. Then last night I drove to my partner’s house, and when I came out 4 hours later, it wouldn’t start, but this time it was turning over and not firing up. :confused: So today I connected PP2000 and it gave me a list of faults (see attached images). In desperation I decided to have a look at the fuses in the box under the bonnet. I pulled out five or six of them one at a time but couldn’t see anything wrong. I got back in the car and it started and gave me the dreaded antipollution fault. After recording the faults, I cleared them with PP2000 and they haven’t reappeared. I drove the car home (about 3 miles) and it seemed fine. To solve the original fault I replaced the battery and the starter motor, which seemed to work for a month or so. It’s been suggested that I check the earth straps for loose or dirty connections. Can someone tell me where they are exactly? Obviously there’s the battery earth, but where are the others?

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hopefully I've found the cause of some of my electrical problems. As I said in my original post, I pulled some of the fuses out to check them and when I tried to start the car afterwards, it started. I didn't know if it was just coincidence or not, so today I decided to check the fusebox. I found two of the connector blocks had corrosion inside them (see photo). I cleaned them up, put it back together and started the car with no problem. Time will tell if I've solved the problem or not. I'll let you know.

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The original fault is still there. The other day I tried to start the car and all I got was a click. Back to the drawing board I guess. :confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts