Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I Have A Peugeot 306 Q.6 Xr Hatch Back And I Am Havin A Lil Problems..the Car Is Refusing To Start It Is Just Tumbling And I Am Not Gettin It To Fire At All. I Check The Fuses And Felays And Everything Sees To B In Order How Ever Using My Tester I Was Able To Discover That There Isnt Any Voltage Goin To To Fuel Pump Neither The Injectors Are Firin As A Result To That And The Coil Pack Isnt Gettin Any Voltage. Also I Relaised That The Stop Light As Well On The Instrument Panel No Longer Comes On.

Any One Could Tell Me What Could B The Problem Thanks

·
Registered
862 Posts
Lion_Tamer said:
Hi I Have A Peugeot 306 Q.6 Xr Hatch Back And I Am Havin A Lil Problems..the Car Is Refusing To Start It Is Just Tumbling And I Am Not Gettin It To Fire At All. I Check The Fuses And Felays And Everything Sees To B In Order How Ever Using My Tester I Was Able To Discover That There Isnt Any Voltage Goin To To Fuel Pump Neither The Injectors Are Firin As A Result To That And The Coil Pack Isnt Gettin Any Voltage. Also I Relaised That The Stop Light As Well On The Instrument Panel No Longer Comes On.

Any One Could Tell Me What Could B The Problem Thanks

i have a friend who had the same problem, in her case it was the wiring to the invertion switch, but i guess if your car has had a sharp bump or stop it could be the switch itsself. its the one with the red cap back right under the bonnet. get your multimeter across it.

as far as i remember in hers it went into a loom with some of the airbag wiring, in which case beware, don't touch that or you will be relacing airbags as well :( hers wasn't a 1.4 though so maybe the wiring is difficult.

when checking fuses always check for continuity, dont just look at them - save yourself a recheck

If she won't go, but the battery is good, the starter is spinning well. Check out the TDC (Top Dead Centre)/Crank position sensor. This little fellow can invariably be found residing in the vicinity of the flywheel. Usually fixed to the clutch bell housing a long lead with a single bolt holding the sensor end down

some petrol vehicles are fitted with an inertia switch which cuts ignition and fuel in the event of a collision. (this may have activated and require resetting) the oil warning sensor can also opperate on these circuits to prevent engine siezure if low on oil.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the moose said:
i have a friend who had the same problem, in her case it was the wiring to the invertion switch, but i guess if your car has had a sharp bump or stop it could be the switch itsself. its the one with the red cap back right under the bonnet. get your multimeter across it.

as far as i remember in hers it went into a loom with some of the airbag wiring, in which case beware, don't touch that or you will be relacing airbags as well :( hers wasn't a 1.4 though so maybe the wiring is difficult.

when checking fuses always check for continuity, dont just look at them - save yourself a recheck

If she won't go, but the battery is good, the starter is spinning well. Check out the TDC (Top Dead Centre)/Crank position sensor. This little fellow can invariably be found residing in the vicinity of the flywheel. Usually fixed to the clutch bell housing a long lead with a single bolt holding the sensor end down

some petrol vehicles are fitted with an inertia switch which cuts ignition and fuel in the event of a collision. (this may have activated and require resetting) the oil warning sensor can also opperate on these circuits to prevent engine siezure if low on oil.

Thanks Very Much Moose i Would Check Out all these things u just told me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts