Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,hows easy is it to change the starter motor on a 307 1.4 diesel.is it also easy accessable before take to garage.many thanks

·
Registered
375 Posts
its worth trying ya self they arnt that hard to do and you will save ya-self a few quid

just a good tool kit and commonsense :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got both of those as done most things on the last car.what about access.do u need to remove other items to get to it or easier from underneath

·
Registered
375 Posts
to be honest never done one but a carnt see them being bad as Ive replaced many starters on different models/makes of cars:)

C

·
0 Posts
Normally Jack up car, remove engine under tray if fitted, remove battery as directed, locate starter ( Normally where gearbox meets engine underneath, disconnect wires, unbolt & remove starter, refit via reverse of above. :thumb:

·
Registered
548 Posts
If its as easy as that on the 2.0 90 then I think I'll swap mine over for the upgrade one to help start the engine faster this winter.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Not familiar with the 1.4hdi layout but the 2ltr is straightforward. A little tight but can be done from above, careful twiddle and it will just slide out. Fitting the larger starter is well worth it, you may need to change the electrical connectors (did on ours) but it has drastically improved the cold morning starts.

Make sure you remove battery first tho as there will be a permanent live to starter/solenoid. Very easy to accidentally short out.

Another point - there will be a locating dowel to help align it - makes sure it doesn't drop out or get pushed into the recess while lining up.

·
5,631 Posts
Starter is at the back of the engine on these access is not the greatest but can be done on axle stands/ramps of at a push from above.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts