Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PLEASE HELP!!!!

Where is the starter motor located on my 307 hdi turbo 2003.

Are there easy enough to replace my local wants 165 but i can get a refub for 65quid.

THX chris.

·
Registered
62 Posts
starter motor !

hi mate i got a 307 hdi 2:0l 54 plate and my starter is at the front of engine ( middle ) half way down hope that helps you ?!? :thumb:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi mate i got a 307 hdi 2:0l 54 plate and my starter is at the front of engine ( middle ) half way down hope that helps you ?!? :thumb:
thx.

Do u know if there are simple to replace i have all the right tools and can you get to the starter via bonet if need be i can jack the car up n get underneath. thx c.

·
Registered
62 Posts
you can get to it from the top but the 3rd bolt on the bottom is a bit trick might have to take things out the way but its a simple job only 3 bolts and the wire to put on it !! :thumb:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you can get to it from the top but the 3rd bolt on the bottom is a bit trick might have to take things out the way but its a simple job only 3 bolts and the wire to put on it !! :thumb:
thx i will give it a smash when my starter motor comes got to wait for delivery could just get one from local but there want 30quid more so will have to wait a few days b4 i give it a go save my self a fortune in the process.

thanx. c.

·
Registered
62 Posts
have a look in your car today just to make sure it where i thought it was !! ? :D then maybe why dont you strip it out !! ready for the new one !! :thumb:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
have a look in your car today just to make sure it where i thought it was !! ? :D then maybe why dont you strip it out !! ready for the new one !! :thumb:
i would only issue is i need my car 2get to work theres an of chance it cranks up in a morning without it draining the battrey if not am off down the back street bumping it in 2nd. thought the batt had no power left so i replaced tht 1st was not the case wasted 60quid for a batt i did not need local perrys gartage is toss there dont av a clue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just had a price from national tyres there said there will fit my starter n particulate 90quid.
cheaper thn local wanting 400 quid just for the filter replacement n fittin n 165 just for starter n fitting why do there get away with the high prices there charge.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, we have 110 hp Peugeot 307 HDI 2003 For some time there is a problem with the startimg. Trying to start the engine and a click sound and everything turns off like the battery is flat. We have to remove the two terminals of the battery to lock and unlock the car and then start again and will go. Does anyone have any ideas where the problem is and how it can be resolved? Is it the starter motor? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Just finished a clutch change on our 04 2.0 L 90 diesel. During that job the earth cable has to be un bolted from the top of the gearbox. When reassembling it was done up nice and tight and the first start was fine. Then next time dash lights all on but nothing from the starter so head scratching time. Eventually turned out to be a poor connection of the earth at the gearbox, presumably 10 yrs of corrosion had left a film of oxide. Cleaned it up and away; so worth checking that before shelling out for a new starter.

As for actually doing any of this work Peugeot like all manufacturers these days design for cheapest on the assembly line and sod the 3rd owners maintenance issues. Removing the starter entails taking the air cleaner box out to get access to the fixing bolts (Allen heads by the way). The captive washer on the bottom bolt fouls the clutch slave so ideally that needs taking off. Then there is the problem of getting to the cable terminals on the starter. Totally obscured by endless pipes and cable trunking. I gave up when doing the clutch and just left it tucked up out of the way.

Also did the timing belt/water pump while at it and that's another nightmare for access. Getting the belt covers off is next to impossible with the engine in the car due to inadequate clearances where the engine is tipped backwards. Then to re-time it correctly the starter has to come of to get at the flywheel timing pin hole. You just can't rely on not disturbing the crank as they have made the keyway in the bottom toothed pulley far wider than the key. With considerable difficulty I again shoved the starter to one side and made up a looonnng L shaped bar and managed to get it into the almost invisible timing hole.

A further grump is the Haynes manual - it jumps back and forth between the various engine options and the photos are more hinderance than help.

Spleen vented. So just to suggest that a careful check that all's well with the earth strap would be worthwhile.
Derek

1 - 11 of 11 Posts