Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car is back in the garage again! Went for AdBlue top up and then found needed new front brakes and surprisingly another quality recall notice.

Apparently the starter motor needs to be looked at. Defective connection - fire risk apparently.

Also reported a strange defect. I noticed my side sills fitted (sports sill?) have started to detach themselves from the car. I thought I was seeing things but noticed gaps between body and plastic sills. They are being replaced under warranty. Anyone else had this problem yet? I rarely wash the car so it can't be jetwash damage. I'm hoping I don't get any more issues, I've tolerated the issues I have had but the time to repair is too much. Its been in three weeks!
Luckily I don't pay for hire car charges but they are in £1000s...!:eek:

·
Registered
52 Posts
That recall is for 508 as well and the recall campaign has started since July 2017

What are the defects?

The starter motor 12V connection lug may be fitted incorrectly and may touch a metal component, causing a short circuit.
What are the hazards?

If the starter motor lug does touch another metal component it may cause a short circuit and pose a fire hazard.

Dates available for sale
1 November 2014 - 31 March 2017

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm mine is a Apr 15 build car.
Anyhow after three weeks its back.

So the side sills are all sorted. For some reason they sprayed them off the car and then stuck them on.

My wiper fault still isnt fixed. But when I started my car I found "Engine Fault repair required" :eek:

So when the tech came out message didn't come up again. He checked the message log and found no issues other than stop start message.

So some point soon I expect my engine to go bang maybe....

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
Engine fault message is standard for any engine related issue on newer peugeots it does not mean the engine is going to blow up :)

It can come up due to low voltage and you say they had it 3 weeks and were no doubt only shunting it around so battery may have been low its only worth worrying about if it comes on a few times.

just like the starter is not likely to cause a fire unless excessive engine movement took place during use of the car.

Peugeots wording of things including warning messages is always poor

1 - 4 of 4 Posts