Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 2010 207 1.4 petrol starter motor runs all time the even when the key is taken out. The only way to stop it is to disconnect the battery. Fuse box under bonnet had water in it so replaced. Starter motor burnt out replaced. Feed to solenoid is permanently live. Any ideas.

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
My 2010 207 1.4 petrol starter motor runs all time the even when the key is taken out. The only way to stop it is to disconnect the battery. Fuse box under bonnet had water in it so replaced. Starter motor burnt out replaced. Feed to solenoid is permanently live. Any ideas.
melted wire somewhere

·
6,572 Posts
Faulty Ign switch would be my first guess

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Switch elimineted by disconecting still got power on soleniod wire have also checked lume back to fuse box. Is there a rely for the starter motor cuciut if so does any one know were it is I cant find it.

·
6,572 Posts
Relay is built into under bonnet fusebox and switched by BSI. Does the starter operate as soon as you connect battery.

If so what happens if you disconnect the harnesses to the fusebox. If starter continues to run you have a short in the engine harness, i would start at the starter, making sure that the solenoid terminal is not touching or trapped in the starter feed and then work back as the burned out starter may have part melted cable and the two leads run close together from starter up to harness tray.

Quick and dirty fix if it cranks with fusebox unplugged is to run a new solenoid feed and splice back in at the fusebox feed disconnecting and taping up both ends of the old cable

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im having the same problem.My little cosmo has blown 2 starters in 1 month. My car starts as soon as i have put the key in the ignition but they cant find a fault with the ignition switch.:confused: Any help would be appreciated

1 - 7 of 7 Posts