Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Just wondering if anyone can help.

We have a 407 2.0 HDi Zenith Estate, 06 Plate, which needs a new starter motor. Trouble is we're being told we have to find out how many teeth it has!

Can get one from a garage but the cheapest is over £500.00 and we don't know how many teeth are in it and they won't say, obviously. Have a mate in a car parts company can get us one for under £300 (staff discount) but there are 3 different types.

Can anyone help please?:(

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Sounds very strange it should be an issue with number of teeth.

I picked up a starter from a 1990 Peugeot 605 2.1 TD and fitted to my 407 2.0 HDI, no problems. So I would guess they are quite interchangeable between models. Power output should be the main factor, to make sure it is powerful enough.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I`ve never known this with Peugeot starters but apparently you DO need to know the number of teeth for this model.I suppose the only answer is remove the old unit and count??
By the way that price of £500 is a con,do not pay anything like it.
GSF car parts will supply a top quality unit for between £170 and £180 (depending on teeth number).They will then refund you £54 when you return the old unit.Best bet would be to take the old unit with you,match the teeth,new for old and no surcharge.

G

·
0 Posts
GSF are having a discount weekend, type FEB42 in the discount code box at the checkout....

I have no ever had an issue with teeth quantity, it's more about the oomph from the battery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts