Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • I wondered if anyone could help me with this one. I have today fitted a brand new starter motor to my Peugeot 407 2.0 hdi. The starter is brand new but after fitting I am still getting the old starter spinning but not engaging issue. Does anyone know what this could be? It is driving me nuts and can’t seem to sort this one. Have tested that the starter is functioning ok but once fitted it just spins and does not engage. Have i done something wrong? Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Check fuses in engine bay fusebox (should be F8 but can't confirm).

Grab a multimter and check you are getting voltage at the solenoid wire. iIRC (wait for someone to confirm!!) you can test out the solenoid by supplying 12v to it.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
If starter is fitted properly and working correctly then there are only 2 possible reasons i can think of
1 the starter is wrong for car
2 the ring gear on the flywheel is so worn the starter no longer meshes with it.

A description of the fault BEFORE you fitted a new starter in a bit more detail as to what you mean by starter spinning would help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If starter is fitted properly and working correctly then there are only 2 possible reasons i can think of
1 the starter is wrong for car
2 the ring gear on the flywheel is so worn the starter no longer meshes with it.

A description of the fault BEFORE you fitted a new starter in a bit more detail as to what you mean by starter spinning would help
Hi there, thanks for your time and help. The fault before I fitted a new starter was that I was occasionally getting the starting spinning noise which then lead to grinding and some times even clicking so it ticked all the boxes for me to get a new starter fitted. Now the new starter is fitted all I get is the sound of the starter spinning but not cranking at all. I have double checked that all is fitted correctly so am beginning to wonder if fly wheel has a problem too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts