·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bluetyler said:
5802Y4 STRT-MOTOR NEW £291.05

5802AZ STRT-MOTOR EXCH £166.80

Sorted.
Thanks blue , but i can tell you i`ll not be paying stealers prices , so i`ll come back with what i spend on her in a couple of days ,
thanks again.

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right today looking for starter motor ( not paying £290 at stealers ) , local company - original new motor £150 or refurbished £65 + old motor:D , guess what i went for :lol:
Anyway took battery out removed first screw of starter motor then jacked up car to get the other two from below, then for some strange reason decided to test battery, low and behold battery weak,
tried another battery and no problems , starting fine - will try in the morning and if all is well buy a battery tomorrow and leave back starter job done.

So to sum up any problems with your starter CHECK BATTERY FIRST.:eek:

Battery
http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/docpr/affiche.do?ref=T5F556A01A&refaff=T5F 5 56A01A
Starter
http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/docpr/affiche.do?ref=T5F558A60A&refaff=T5F 5 58A60A

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe not all good news , tonight i went out and started my car but i noticed when the ignition was turned on the red led on the dash for the car door locks was flashing (never done that before) any ideas guys ?

ps. took car for a drive no problems at the minute.

G

·
I take it you woke the bsi up properly when you changed the batt?

I've only ever seen this happen once, mine started fine then mid journey the light started flashing, if you stop and try and re-start the car while its flashing you'll probably find it wont start again (it'll turn over though)

Do you know if the light was flashing when you initially started it?

All i did on mine was the key sync procedure then BSI reset, no problems since, true this did occur around the same time my entire dash was dying for no reason so i think this is what triggered it on mine! :thumb:

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I did mate , but the first time of doing it window and all open, the inside lights came on indicators flashed and the bloody cd player kicked in with a bit of Lady Ga Ga at full volume, out tonight again to try again.:eek:

Reset again and as the old saying goes "Feck it",

Battery back on- hazards flash and inside lights came on ( no radio this time ) ,
no flashing led on dash so leave well enough alone.:confused:

G

·
Weird, my indicators/light dont do anything as i'm doing a reset, maybe because i've got the siemens BSI?

But anyway look like its the "ignorance is bliss" route for you now! :lol:

edit: lady ga ga? :shocked:

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Stubbo said:
edit: lady ga ga? :shocked:

Try spending all day in your car i`ll you`ll listen to anything, 7.30am today i had christmas songs belting out,(i love christmas and only 12 weeks away)
:mygod:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.