Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my starter motor died bumped it got it on some ramps got 2 bolts out hex bolts but the 3rd bolt above the solinoid is rounded out (not visible to the eyes its a feel only job) any one got any ideas how i can remove the bolt with out taking the engine out ?

I'v stripped all the junk around the starter but still cant see the bolt in question.

whats the chances of smashing the solinoid off to give better access ?

1.6 hdi expert

·
5,967 Posts
If you have one use an 6 point (Hex) socket and not the usual 12 point as the six should drive on the sides, or as above you can get an allwall socket which grips on the sides.

Last resort is you can also sometimes get a smaller socket to fit with a bit of brute force

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Allen key bolt and yes it was rounded i have it out now i stripped the back of the engine also the side to get access from the top then took my drill and drilled into starter motor case then straight thru the bolt :thumb: out fell the motor then just inscrewed the bolt :nod:

Have now fitted 2 (yes 2) bolts so can now get access from underneath and pop out within a few mins the top bolt is just too much work so guess you can call it a cheap hack no morre ripping the engine apart to get the stater out. :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts