Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the English version on the 3008 handbook it mentions a button to activate and deactivate the start/stop feature rather than going into the menu's on the touch screen. I'm presuming this is actually not fitted to UK models but interested to know what countries they have fitted this for. Personally I hate the start/stop deployment in the 3008 and it cuts in way to soon with no delay for my liking.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If u disabled it in setting, is it permanent?

Sorry. I'm still waiting mine to arrive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
If u disabled it in setting, is it permanent?

Sorry. I'm still waiting mine to arrive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because ss was used in the emissions certification process, it's a permanent feature which can only be deactivated manually each start.
I suspect it's the same with all new vehicles.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have to deactivate each time you start the car...Id be OK with the button but it just does not exist so presume it's only installed for certain countries. It would also probably only lasts until the next time the car is started but at least it's just a single press of the button and convenient at busy junctions where I prefer to have the engine running.

Cheers

Martin

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
You have to deactivate each time you start the car...Id be OK with the button but it just does not exist so presume it's only installed for certain countries. It would also probably only lasts until the next time the car is started but at least it's just a single press of the button and convenient at busy junctions where I prefer to have the engine running.

Cheers

Martin
I agree
There are some times you need instant reaction, such as a roundabout.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I agree
There are some times you need instant reaction, such as a roundabout.
I don't think that is a problem with the automatic, what I do when I need an instant reaction like when waiting to enter a roundabout is - while still having my foot on the foot brake I just push the gear lever forward into neutral and then straight back into drive (takes about 0.25 second) the engine starts immediately and Start/Stop is temporarily cancelled, then when the time comes and I need to pull out quickly just take my foot off the foot brake and press the accellerator and instant reaction :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good suggestion Tell...I'm just Intrigued as to why the handbook mentions a button and yet it doesn't exist.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Good suggestion Tell...I'm just Intrigued as to why the handbook mentions a button and yet it doesn't exist.
Hi, I think that like most instruction books do nowadays, it is trying to be 'all in one' and everything to every 'same language/all models' and then ends up confusing the hell out of everybody because of differences between them are not adequately explained. I was a little disapointed when I found out there wasn't a button in the UK version but understand why and it's not really a problem for me, just wish the info had been correct in the first place.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I would have preferred it if they could give the possibility to permanently disable it, however living in Greece and since the first few days of May the temperature has been high enough to disable it anyway.
It would be interesting to know where the sensor is that detects this change.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I would have preferred it if they could give the possibility to permanently disable it, however living in Greece and since the first few days of May the temperature has been high enough to disable it anyway.
It would be interesting to know where the sensor is that detects this change.
It's all down to the voltage state of the battery as to whether the engine stops or not........unless manually overridden of course.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
In Greece there's a better than evens chance that you use AirCon and by all accounts, using aircon as good as disables the stop / start feature anyway. Makes sense considering the engine needs to be running to drive the aircon pump.

·
Registered
160 Posts
In Greece there's a better than evens chance that you use AirCon and by all accounts, using aircon as good as disables the stop / start feature anyway. Makes sense considering the engine needs to be running to drive the aircon pump.
Should have mentioned does not work even with air con off. Maybe the engine cooling fan is running and causing the S&S to be off.

Thanks for making me think of another reason.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
The 1.2 has electric coolant pump and power steering I seem to recall.

·
Registered
160 Posts
The 1.2 has electric coolant pump and power steering I seem to recall.
Power steering would always be on, by electric coolant pump are we talking about engine cooling.

I am only guessing here but suspect if that is so in warm climate that would be running continually.

Cheers
Doc.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Power steering would always be on, by electric coolant pump are we talking about engine cooling.

I am only guessing here but suspect if that is so in warm climate that would be running continually.

Cheers
Doc.
I don't think there is an ancillaries drive belt on the advanced Pure Tech engine with everything electric instead.
Engine heats from cold more rapidly without circulation until needed and steering pressure pump on demand only too.
That's my recollection Doc.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I don't think there is an ancillaries drive belt on the advanced Pure Tech engine with everything electric instead.
Engine heats from cold more rapidly without circulation until needed and steering pressure pump on demand only too.
That's my recollection Doc.
So in theory I start engine drive 40 meters in a straight line No Air con then come to a stop the S&S should work.

I am trying to see the circumstances when it does and does not work, at the moment it has not worked since the air temp went over approx 25 degrees.

Interesting stuff thanks for your input.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Am I right in thinking that stop/start doesn't work if the air con is on all the time? It never once stopped the engine on the test drive but it was a hot day and we had the air con on. Having recently test driven a Kuga and experienced stop/start for the first time I really did not like it. It can be hard enough pulling out of busy junctions as it is without having to wait any amount of time for the engine to start.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Having recently test driven a Kuga and experienced stop/start for the first time I really did not like it. It can be hard enough pulling out of busy junctions as it is without having to wait any amount of time for the engine to start.
Hi, I indicated how I get around the above problem earlier in this thread, but copy it below so you don't have to search for it :)

I don't think that is a problem with the automatic, what I do when I need an instant reaction like when waiting to enter a roundabout is - while still having my foot on the foot brake I just push the gear lever forward into neutral and then straight back into drive (takes about 0.25 second) the engine starts immediately and Start/Stop is temporarily cancelled, then when the time comes and I need to pull out quickly just take my foot off the foot brake and press the accellerator and instant reaction :)

·
Registered
620 Posts
If the air con is on max then it will almost certainly be disabled. If if on "auto" that can vary depending on temps an set target temp.

If the engine is cold, I now disable S&S to allow the engine to get up to temps (thus emissions) as quickly as possible. To me it seems a little crazy if the S&S kicks in and out on a cold engine.. that's asking for it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts