Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since Purchasing a 308 GT (65 plate) the Start stop feature has never worked. It was diagnosed by Peugeot main dealer as a battery fault and suggested that a new battery was required. Their quote for a new battery was astronomical, so I bought one and changed it myself. I was careful to get the correct specification of battery and it’s definitely the right one for Start Stop.

After changing the battery the Start Stop still doesn’t work. Is there something else I would need to do, for example do I need to reset something?

I’m wondering if the battery wasn’t actually the problem in the first place.

·
2,981 Posts
Hi...have a search on the forum for 'stop start' there are many reasons why it doent work...ie batt below 80% fullly charged..air con working flat out...etc...does the green light flash on the dash?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since Purchasing a 308 GT (65 plate) the Start stop feature has never worked. It was diagnosed by Peugeot main dealer as a battery fault and suggested that a new battery was required. Their quote for a new battery was astronomical, so I bought one and changed it myself. I was careful to get the correct specification of battery and it’s definitely the right one for Start Stop.

After changing the battery the Start Stop still doesn’t work. Is there something else I would need to do, for example do I need to reset something?

I’m wondering if the battery wasn’t actually the problem in the first place.
Hi...have a search on the forum for 'stop start' there are many reasons why it doent work...ie batt below 80% fullly charged..air con working flat out...etc...does the green light flash on the dash?
Thanks for the response. Yes, the green ECO light on the dash flashes 3 times when the car is stationary, but Start/Stop never kicks in.

·
2,981 Posts
Hi..that means a parameter hasnt been met to allow the s/s to work....short trips/aircon on max/lights on/climate control temp not reached...its a poor system....mine hasnt worked for a long time now but i only do rural trips

·
Registered
450 Posts
There is something in the electronics modules that as to be reset.
As the battery been fully charged to get over the 80% capacity.
As well as battery change dealer changed alternator as it was charging at over 15 volt. ( But I wonder if that was necessary.)
You say you got correct battery is it an AGM? Just asking as you said you gone cheap.
Myself I turn off S/S as I think it kills batteries.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I take it the gearbox is in neutral & clutch pedal released?

Peugeot start / stop system wont work if the clutch pedal is activated & this catches a lot of people out.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Changing the battery is less complicated on these cars than on some other makes. There is nothing to be reset, just ideally charge the new battery fully before fitting. Obviously follow the usual warnings about waiting before disconnecting, and before trying to start after fitting the new one.
When I changed mine in that way, the SS kicked in after just reversing out of the driveway.

But the list of things which prevent it from working is very long. If you are getting the green light flashing the system is working correctly but some perameter hasn't been met.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts