Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys. I’m a very happy owner of a 5008 GT, my question to you is how to permanent switch off the start/stop function, so I don’t have to do it manually every time. Is it possible?? Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi there. May I ask why you want to turn it off permanently?
I do find it overly aggressive/ambitious... I've had it on other cars where there's definitely a longer delay before it activates... for instance, when I get home I pull in front of the drive way, then go to reverse in... sometimes in between stopping and selecting reverse the S/S will kick in.

Have also had it a few times when waiting to pull out in to traffic and it will kick in... although if I'm not mistaken it seems to not engage if you have indicators flashing...

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Or even worse is when I start my car in the morning, after 20 seconds of driving I come up to a traffic light, the S/S turns off the engine and then after 1 second it realises the engine is not warm enough or the cabin temperature is not adequate or some other reason, and then restarts the engine again.

Only to repeat the same stupid process again, on the next stop sign 20 seconds later.

If I could, I would rip it out of the car from day one of ownership.

Whoever programmed the S/S in this car is an idiot, period.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi all

Ok, now Ive had my 5008 for a couple of weeks I can now see what your saying about the SS coming in too early.
I was approaching a roundabout (UK) and went to go as there was enough distance for me to go before the next car but the SS had cut in and the acceleration was delayed and I had my first near miss.
All my other cars that had SS used to wait a few seconds AFTER the car had come to a complete stop before the SS would kick in.
I will be talking to Peugeot about this feature and see if the software can be updated to get this flaw fixed.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Regrettably the Start / Stop function cannot be permanently disabled.
The emissions figures provided to relevant government authorities around the world where the car is to be sold, are compiled with this feature enabled.
To allow it to be disabled would of course make a change (potentially very small) to these figures and render the factory out as cheating (who wants another VW dieselgate).
I tend to disble this immediately once the car is started as I find the start and dive off function very jerky and unpleasant; so I'll put up with a marginal increase in fuel consumption.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Do you have physical button for turning it off? If yes, there is a module on eBay which will do it for you on each car start. But if it's using touch menu, than I'm not sure if there is any solution.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Do you have physical button for turning it off? If yes, there is a module on eBay which will do it for you on each car start. But if it's using touch menu, than I'm not sure if there is any solution.
We are in the 5008 (2017+) forum, this model has iCockpit. No physical buttons for these vehicles

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
The Access trim level (not sold in the UK) doesn't have the touchscreen and it has a physical S&S button.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts

Here's the S&S button on a LHD 3008 II Active. It also defaults to On every time you start the car.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Having spoken with Peugeot here in Australia, I could expect the answer to be the same for all countries.
The Manufacturers stated figures for fuel consumption, pollution etc are all made with the Start / Stop functioning.
Peugeot deliberately makes this a feature that cannot be turned off permanently so as to avoid any issues with authorities.
Hence we owners must have to bother with turning it off every time we start the car. Touch Screen or Physical Button notwithstanding.

·
Registered
Peugeot 5008 GT Line (November 2020)
39 Posts
Regrettably the Start / Stop function cannot be permanently disabled.
The emissions figures provided to relevant government authorities around the world where the car is to be sold, are compiled with this feature enabled.
To allow it to be disabled would of course make a change (potentially very small) to these figures and render the factory out as cheating (who wants another VW dieselgate).
I tend to disble this immediately once the car is started as I find the start and dive off function very jerky and unpleasant; so I'll put up with a marginal increase in fuel consumption.
The affair of the emissions is like the Grip Control. I paid, here, more taxes for the car and more taxes annually because of an issue that is used once or twice a year to help in very few situations. 99% of the time it is not used, but I pay for it 100% of the time! 😒

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same problem with my GT Line. When I use the break pedal to enter in my home Garage, the S/S is very inconsistent, turns on and off when i use the pedal.

·
Registered
Peugeot 5008 GT Line (November 2020)
39 Posts
I have the same problem with my GT Line. When I use the break pedal to enter in my home Garage, the S/S is very inconsistent, turns on and off when i use the pedal.
I would hate my 5008 Gt Line if it starts doing that to me! I would take it to the dealer as sooner as possible to fix it.

I can accept with no question that the S/S needs to default to on each time we start the ignition (emissions rules and so on), but Peugeot can let us program the S/S through the touch screen, and keep it in the memory. Namely, the time between we stop the car and the motor turns off (software). In this way, the S/S would be always on but we could regulate the time so we can keep the motor running in most situations, or not, depends on what each one likes. that would avoid a few strange behaviors, including the ones described in other comments around here. The default time to turn the motor off would be the one that Peugeot thinks is better.
Actually one of the first things I do when I start the ignition is to go to the touch screen and turn off the S/S!

·
Premium Member
2,999 Posts
Normally the stop / start function wouldn't operate if the drivers seatbelt isn't fastened.

As I roll up to my garage, I unclip the seatbelt & the stop / start then doesn't cut the engine.

·
Registered
2020 5008 GT line 2.0 BlueHDI AT8
37 Posts
Normally the stop / start function wouldn't operate if the drivers seatbelt isn't fastened.

As I roll up to my garage, I unclip the seatbelt & the stop / start then doesn't cut the engine.
That's right and if the car is off it turns it on after release the seatbelt!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts