Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening

I have just brought a 308 (2017) gt line. The start/stop wasn’t activating but I put this down to it being on a forecourt for a while and the battery not having the charge.
When it did start working the engine cut out as expected but then when pressing the clutch to restart the engine the car completely died. No handbrake, lights, no key fob etc. It’s like the battery is not in the car. After getting out and closing The doors, locking manually a few times. The car seemed to reset its self and was completely fine.
I brought from a ford dealer and they have taken the car to be looked at.
Has anyone else had or heard of this problem before?

Regards
Lee

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Surprised a 2 year old 308 was sold by a Ford dealer.

The Ford dealer should send it to the nearest Peugeot main dealer as it technically should still be under Peugeot manufacturers warranty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, believe it was a part ex.
They told me today they’d have to send it on if they could not get it fixed.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Sounds to me like battery may be tired or simply a bad connection on battery as for sending it to peugeot it wont really matter ford uses peugeot engines anyway :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
This happened to me today!

S/s hasn't been working for some time (seemed to be for the duration of another fault). Got car back from garage last Thursday. S/s not working initially, then started working again yesterday. Happy days.

Then, trying to pull away from traffic lights after being in S/s, engine died totally. Nothing. No hazards.

If you/anyone else has got to the bottom of this I'd love to know.

The car has been great until I took it in for its first service under our ownership. Then I've had 2 probs in quick succession. Not sure if it's coincidence or related.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got my car back from the ford dealer I brought from. They found that it was the positive battery terminal that was loose. Since getting it back there hasn’t been a problem. I did have to do 250 miles before the start stop would work again. Apparently this is because the system resets after the battery is removed.

If the battery does not have the capacity to allow the start stop. The eco light flashes 3 times in the Rev counter

·
Registered
410 Posts
There is not any resetting, your battery is bad or didn't change properly because of loose terminal. When I replaced the battery in my 308, S&S activated after 20 meters.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Removing the battery does a reset as the car then has to reboot so in your case your new battery worked after 20m simply because it was fully charged where leej's battery was low and needed time to charge.

Disconnecting the battery does a soft reboot IE BSI reset but in his case the loose terminal was upsetting the electrics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts