Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I have a 307 1.6s Auto. The car has had no problems starting since I have had it, until the last week.
I came out to the car the other day and it would not start. When I turned the key I could hear the starter motor turning and the engine trying to catch but nothing. I eventually drained the battery doing so. I connected the car by jump leads and tried again, after a few minutes and a lot of strain on the Saab the engine sparked up. This has happend about 4 of the last 6 mornings. It's as if there is no petrol getting to the engine. When I have done once in the day it will run ok for the rest.

Any ideas anyone. I don't realy want to go to dealer yet and give him all my chrissy money for something that might be simple.

Thanks

·
5,884 Posts
Does the car start fine once warmed up?.

If so could be a defective coolant sensor. If you have access to a code reader you should be able to check the reading. They sometimes do fail in such a way as they over read at low temps and therefore don't put on engine light but the ecu does not know that the engine is cold and does not fully richen mixture (choke in the old days)

Other than that whats the service history.

Old plugs can make cold starting and poor condition leads/coilpack (dirty/damp) and also in very low temps if the fuel filter has not been changed they can collect water in them and partly freeze restricting fuel flow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the car start fine once warmed up?.

If so could be a defective coolant sensor. If you have access to a code reader you should be able to check the reading. They sometimes do fail in such a way as they over read at low temps and therefore don't put on engine light but the ecu does not know that the engine is cold and does not fully richen mixture (choke in the old days)

Other than that whats the service history.

Old plugs can make cold starting and poor condition leads/coilpack (dirty/damp) and also in very low temps if the fuel filter has not been changed they can collect water in them and partly freeze restricting fuel flow.
I think it may be the latter, seems to be the colder days that its worse. Maybe a change will do it good.
I don't have much history. It's at 88k service history up to 34k.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts