Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Ive now got a Citroën synergie (essentially an 806),its a 2000 w reg 2.0 hdi diesel. My problem is that recently it has a rough idle, takes more cranking to start and has cut out a couple of times when driving. I have changed the fuel filter, air filter, engine oil and filter and this has made no difference. The management light comes on after stalling, but goes out soon after. I also added injector cleaner to the filter bowl and the tank. The fuel gauge has started reading full all the time too, though i don't know if that's connected.
If anyone has any suggestions as to the cause of the problem i would be grateful. Thanks
John

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'll say it before someone else does. You need to get it plugged into PP or similar, it could be any number of things and parts and time are just too expensive to start changing stuff on a guess.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
I'll do that. I'm leaning towards the fuel pump in the tank. Would the diagnostic pinpoint this?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Plugged into a generic code reader and got po230, I've googled it and it is the fuel pressure regulator?
I can see where it is but the torx type bolts are cruddy. Anyone know what size they are?
Online search suggests to try cleaning it, anyone tried this or should I just source another?
Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts