Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
New on here - hoping for amazing wisdom from hive mind.
I am sending off SRS module to delete a crash record from previous owner.
(pretensioners already professionally renovated and no air bag deployed).
If successful, i won't have any error codes.

Where is the SRS module? judging by older models , it is likely below the gear stick.

Any sources/videos on how to get to it?! I've removed one piece of plastic covering but the rest won't shift and with any force (e.g. with screwdriver levering it off) look like I'm going to damage something! also i kind wanna know i'm looking in the right location before I get heavy handed!

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
Just a word of caution: DO NOT DISCONNECT THE SRS MODULE WITH THE BATTERY CONNECTED. After disconnecting the battery you must wait at least 5 minutes, otherwise you can trigger the airbags.
To reach the SRS module, you will have to remove the central console:
-You start by removing the gear shift gaiter by pulling it. This will expose two bolts near the cup holder
-After that, you must remove the top trim around handbrake handle that spans to the top of the container (where you can store stuff). Before lifting completely, you must disconnect a cable.
-Next, you must remove the right side cover of the "container" by unclipping some clips. This will expose other bolts that will allow to remove the other cover (be careful because you will have to disconnect another connector)
-Following that you will remove the trim that spans from around the gear lever to the handbrake lever by unclipping clips.
-The last step is to remove some bolts in the back of the central console, then pull the central console in the direction of the rear sets and then up.
Then you will see the SRS module

Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts