Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have a suspected brake fluid leak. I've topped up my fluid to the maximum to see if it reduces any over the next day or so. A mechanic said he can't see any obvious leaks, but he would have to get it up to have a proper look - but to keep an eye on it.

However, when checking it over - he pointed out a couple of potential issues and I would like to hear other peoples thoughts on the matter before I let anybody loose on it, as it is somebody my sister knows and not somebody I know myself.

There is a slight squeeking noise near my cambelt (which was supposedly changed last year). The mechanic said it could be slipping, but after speaking to my dad - he said I would know about it if it was slipping. But any ideas on what this noise is from.

I have a Youtube video link but I can't post it as my post count is too low.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Squeeking - won't be the belt slipping as it's "toothed" and would have knackered the engine so its likely to be either the cam belt tensioner pulley or the auxillary belt pulley worn out or badly adjusted,
However without actually hearing/seeing the problem and not knowing which engine 306 it is can't be certain

1 - 4 of 4 Posts