Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2004 2.0 hdi has had a periodic squeak from the steering since I've owned it from August 2013; I'd always put it down to being temperature related.

Now it's doing it fairly constantly, especially when manoeuvring at slow speeds or negotiating turns in to junctions/roundabouts. It's a rubbery sounding squeak as if something is tight/seized coming from the middle/right of the lower bulkhead, but steering operates as it should.

Any thought as to what it might be before I stick it up on axle stands to investigate?

C

·
0 Posts
This is normal for 407's, I assume it a 2.0hdi?

Mine did it and a new high pressure hose on steering sorted if but hose was around £100 if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Cheers CAB.

Put it in to get the alignment checked as I noticed it had worn the inner edge of the OSF tyre badly (just through to the cords!)it was only done 10k miles ago, and was out by a fair bit on the OSR and thrust angle. Argument with the local Kwik Fit manager as he never provided a printout last time (nowhere else within 100 miles does four wheel alignment) got it adjusted for the cost of doing a two wheel alignment, and the sound has gone. Think it was the smooth rubber I was hearing when manoeuvring etc.

Hacked off at Kwik Fit as that was four new tyres fitted when they undertook the previous alignment and they are all gubbed, but done now and got my new winters on yesterday; I'm hoping they'll last longer than the last set of tyres.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts