Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

One slight annoyance that I discovered on my drive home after buying the car is that there is a squeaky spring in the drivers seat back area. I would like to try and get to the spring to see if there is anything I can do to fix it. I have managed to pull the front part of the seat cover away slightly which reveals the springs but there isn't enough room to work on them.

Is there any way of removing part of the seat cover so that the springs are revealed?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have only ever taken apart one car seat to re upholster it. Never again NEVER AGAIN. Seats from a scrapyard are cheaper and easier, 99% of the time.

If you have seat airbags be sure to disconnect the battery before starting to remove the seat, don't forget bsi reset on re-installation, so start by lowering the drivers window.

If you are going to try it you will probably have to remove the seat from the car,
then as you remove the retaining bars, take photos of every action. Often times you will find little wire rings that you will have to bend or cut out. So insure that you have wire of a similar gauge to replace the damaged ones. Two long handled pliers tend to be handy.

Some professional valeters will deal with this sort of thing

I didn't catch what car this is though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

The car is a 207 Sport XS so it has the 'leather' interior. It all sounds rather complicated and fiddly so not sure whether I want to attempt it or not.

All i know is that it's really starting to irritate me as any time I shift my weight it creaks and squeaks! :cursing:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts