Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awful slow speed braking squeal plus a slightly warped front near side disk at the end of last year forced me to take car to the dealers. Was told none of issues were covered under warranty at that all 4 wheels pads and disks would need replacing due to pitting. This on a car with 18000 miles. Reading further it appears i am too light when breaking. So a good few pushes on the centre pedal and 'hey presto' the pitting has slowly disappeared. The warped disk however is slightly noticeable, but i can live with it. What i can't live with is the return of the squeal. So today have removed the front pads to find 9mm of thickness left (which is very good) and replaced but used copper grease to hopefully reduce squeal. So far a vast improvement in brake feel and no squeal. Front disks were smooth with 28mm thickness but nearside rear disk slightly scored but not pitted.
So what does this say about garages?
Hope this is of some some use to others out there. Please tell if you have had similar problems.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Awful slow speed braking squeal plus a slightly warped front near side disk at the end of last year forced me to take car to the dealers. Was told none of issues were covered under warranty at that all 4 wheels pads and disks would need replacing due to pitting. This on a car with 18000 miles. Reading further it appears i am too light when breaking. So a good few pushes on the centre pedal and 'hey presto' the pitting has slowly disappeared. The warped disk however is slightly noticeable, but i can live with it. What i can't live with is the return of the squeal. So today have removed the front pads to find 9mm of thickness left (which is very good) and replaced but used copper grease to hopefully reduce squeal. So far a vast improvement in brake feel and no squeal. Front disks were smooth with 28mm thickness but nearside rear disk slightly scored but not pitted.
So what does this say about garages?
Hope this is of some some use to others out there. Please tell if you have had similar problems.
All of the garages tey only to sell you parts and their service, nobody will ever look in detail at the problem and see if it can be solved like you did.
I have the brake squeal also on my 5008, it comes and goes but it is there. As far as the brakes condition, just replaced the rear brake pads on last service at 39.000km, everything else was good. I will definitely try the copper grease and see if it helps, I have read about it but mever realy tried it. I suppose on spring when I take my winter wheels off I'll give it a go.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a note of caution regarding the above note. Copper grease should be used sparingly and not come into contact with rubber components such as seals and brake hoses. It can be used on metal/metal contact areas of brakes to reduce sticking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts