Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another problem I have found with my car :( whilst driving my car in low gears, as soon as I put my foot on the accelerator to speed up, my car is making a slight and little squeak. I took it to my dads friend who's a mechanic and he said he thinks its the handbrake cable binding on something. He said he sorted it out but its still making the same noise and seems to me as if that was not the problem. If anyone has any ideas or have had this problem please help because its getting quite annoying now, thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
open the bonnet, check the front shock absorbers nuts under the wipers - you might find out that they are a little loose - if you find that - the strut mounts needs replacement.

I had the same problem..

Elad.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If this is the case. Is it a problem I can sort myself or do I need a mechanic to sort it for me? Also, is it a cheap thing to fix? Thankyou.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have checked the shock absorber nuts and they don't seem loose. I was also told it could be something to do with a mount or a bush? Does anybody know what else it could be please?

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have checked the shock absorber nuts and they don't seem loose. I was also told it could be something to do with a mount or a bush? Does anybody know what else it could be please?
Hi,

Any knocking, creaking or clunking at any other time while driving? Cornering? Bumps? Full lock left/right? Steering feel ok? Any steering wobble at speed?

Or is it purely on acceleration?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is purely on acceleration. Took it the garage and had it up on the ramp and he looked at it. He wobbled the engine and it made the same squeak it normally makes. He said its the bush on the rear engine mount. I hope it is this as I'm paying money for it and it may not be the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts