Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Folks the back doors in my 307 were rarely use by previous owner and they squeak and rattle and are not smooth the way front doors are....

Any tips for sorting them out ? Threw in wd40 in the door strap opening...it made a huge difference but they are still not opening the way front doors do...

Cheers...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Common problem, I think peugeot released a service bulletin on this many years ago for it to be replaced on cars under warranty, I think the runners aren't perfectly aligned, so wd40 might help temporarily, but it's not a permanent fix.
Ok so nothing DIY can be done ?

·
Registered
580 Posts
rather than putting anything on the hinges put it on the door strap, its normally that that causes it, well thats what i have always found anyway, was the same on our c4 and plenty of wd40 on them till the free up a bit and run smother then i put spray greese on them.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rather than putting anything on the hinges put it on the door strap, its normally that that causes it, well thats what i have always found anyway, was the same on our c4 and plenty of wd40 on them till the free up a bit and run smother then i put spray greese on them.
Yes the strap which moves in and out of the door..not the hinges...my bad...

Can anyone recommend good spray grease ?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
On the Suzuki Jimny we use a blue waterproof grease for the front axle knuckles as the offroading allows water to get in and ruin the king pin bearings which then wear and that then allows the axle oil to vacate the premises. I will get the name for you if you wish as I have a tub in the garage.
It is called MAXIMA waterproof Grease and is blue in colour. The BIGJIMNY shop sells it for £9.60 a tub but is out of stock at this time.
I googled it and Amazon can supply it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts