Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a peugeot 307s which as a squeak when pressing down or letting off the accelerater pedal, it is not the flange on the exhaust. When bought the car it started with the problem took it back to the peugeot garage they sorted it out saying that the sqeak was something rubbing on the accelerater. Please does some body know what it is as its winding me up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi
Slightly confused by your message; if the garage sorted it out (permanently), what is then the problem?
If it is still there, it could be one of several things:
1. DMF (dual-mass flywheel)
2. Aux belt; the pulley itself or the alternator/water pump/tensioner/or the belt itself is worn
3. Exhaust manifold gasket to cylinder head leak (not sure what you mean by 'it is not the flange on the exhaust'?)

Suggest you try to pinpoint location of noise - bottom of engine clutch/flywheel side could be DMF, area of aux belt (taking off belt will tell you if you are on the right track), or you could have a leak in exhaust manifold gasket (also look/smell for exhaust leaks). I have the latter problem which needs fixing, and I can tell you it is making a very loud and annoying squeak...

·
Registered
556 Posts
Unless its the pedal itself in which case does it do it without the engine running? Maybe the garage squirted it with wd40 which has now dried up?
Maybe put a thin smear of grease on it but obviously be careful if it is the electronic potentiometer type.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sqeak

I took my car to a tyre and exhaust garage whilst having a tyre replaced, asked about the squeak and people telling me it may be the flange of the exhaust,he took a look at it and told me the spring on one side was loose and tightened it up. The car still had the squeak so thought it was something else that is why i said on my last thread that it was not the flange. Ive read that many threads who said it was the flange and to put copper grease round the joint which i have done myself and this as stopped the squeak, thanks everybody, what do garages know. cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts