Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive only had my car a couple of weeks, a couple of time I have noticed when setting off for work, than I have squeak when I hit the first load of traffic - I am not quite sure whether this is when I press the clutch lightly, or when I lightly apply the brakes,

I have diificulty finding the biting point, and struggle to get gears 1 +2 - I sort have to force the gear in - I am guessing all of the above relates to the clutch ? - apart from the biting point, all the squeaks, and stiffness go away when I have driven a little.

When I have had the car a bit longer - I will be taking it in to a garage for a service and once over - is this likley to mean a new clutch or just an adjustment ...or something else ...... i have a receipts for new water pump fitted in 2011 - so hopefully its not that ! - its done 60k

C

·
0 Posts
Check the clutch adjustment - freeplay at the pedal end should be 18-23mm.

But with the mileage you have I suspect the clutch may be heading for retirement.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thing is it doesn't slip at all - and once I've been driving a bit - it shifts through the gears pretty smoothly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts