Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm wondering if any have tested the sports mode and how the sound through the speakers is?

Some have said it's a little annoying and i haven't seen anything about being able to turn it off/down

· Registered
24 Posts
Hi Karl,

I don't use it very often, but on my GT on a long stretch of road, the acceleration from 0 to 80 with Sports mode turned on, sounds bloody marvellous! The throaty growl through the speakers is great for enhancing the experience. Surely that's what Sports mode is all about, isn't it?

· Registered
84 Posts
It's part of the Amplify package (on GT Line and GT) according to the brochure, but I've also read reviews that have said it's actually a GT only feature, so clarification would be great!

I think you also have to have boost mode enabled if the sport button doesn't switch to it automatically.

· Registered
276 Posts
Must admit i tried it yesterday and i don`t recall hearing anything from the speakers, it does say it apply`s to the GT and GT line so maybe i`m doing something wrong here ?? i tried through the amplify button and got red dials and fragrance but no noise, also tried just hitting the sport button but still no noise. Do you have to floor the pedal for it to work ?

· Registered
1,271 Posts
I have located the official Press media kit for the new 3008 and the PDF document from May 2016 (on launch) says the following:

Moreover, as in the PEUGEOT 308, sight, touch and hearing can further benefit from the stunning features of the Driver Sport Pack, which influences the following settings:

- firmer and more responsive power steering;
- more responsive accelerator pedal mapping;
- enhanced engine and gearbox response (on automatic versions, where paddle-shifters are also fitted to the steering wheel);
- engine sound amplified with a sporty note (via a digital amplifier which enhances the sound in the cabin);
- enhanced colour display on the various screens (instrument unit and touch-screen) with additional vehicle dynamics information displayed on the instrument unit: power output, boost pressure, longitudinal and lateral g-force.

At some point, I'll take a look through Peugeot Servicebox to see if I can see a specific speaker listed in the parts section on a GT model vs a non GT model.

· Registered
72 Posts
Definitely works on my GT Line.

Sport button or amplify mode.

I had to hold the revs about 2k with sport button off then sport button on and I noticed the difference. More of a sporty growl.

Very unobtrusive though in my opinion. About as obvious as the fragrances which barely seem to work lol.

· Registered
327 Posts
I can't see the point of amplification. Thank god I don't have it. If I select Sport in my car I just go like s&^t of a shovel and I watch my fuel gauge needle hit the floor. If you need amplification through your speakers to know anything is different then c%$p.

· Registered
1,945 Posts
My RCZ has the sound box.
Although that isn't fake speaker noise, it's intake sound pumped into the passenger compartment via a tube from the airbox.
You don't need it to know it's got 200bhp though

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

· Registered
53 Posts
From what I read in the manual, a press on the sports button increases the engine response only, to get the dynamic pack activated (colour change on the dials etc and engine sound) you need to press and hold the sports button until the light comes on?
Sorry can't check it for you as my 3008 doesn't arrive until Tuesday!

· Registered
620 Posts
I have located the official Press media kit for the new 3008 and the PDF document from May 2016 (on launch) says the following:

Moreover, as in the PEUGEOT 308, sight, touch and hearing can further benefit from the stunning features of the Driver Sport Pack, which influences the following settings:

- firmer and more responsive power steering;
Check.

- more responsive accelerator pedal mapping;
Check - accelerator is more sensitive.

- enhanced engine and gearbox response (on automatic versions, where paddle-shifters are also fitted to the steering wheel);
Check - Engine revs higher and the EAT6 will happily switch down one or two gears to go faster.

- engine sound amplified with a sporty note (via a digital amplifier which enhances the sound in the cabin);
Well I have a Diesel.. so I hope it doesn't attempt to output a petrol engine noise ;D :D

- enhanced colour display on the various screens (instrument unit and touch-screen) with additional vehicle dynamics information displayed on the instrument unit: power output, boost pressure, longitudinal and lateral g-force.
? I have an Allure. Will have to check that the engine info is displayed when Sports pressed..

· Registered
162 Posts
How is the sports button activated? I pressed it at standstill with the engine running and again whilst in motion and the red light didn't come on either time. It only came on when I went into amplify and boost mode and enabled dynamic. Surely I should just have to press the sport button by the gear lever?

· Registered
60 Posts
How is the sports button activated? I pressed it at standstill with the engine running and again whilst in motion and the red light didn't come on either time. It only came on when I went into amplify and boost mode and enabled dynamic. Surely I should just have to press the sport button by the gear lever?
Works for me.... you have to hold the press briefly.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.