Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! First time posting here. So i'm about to start a resto mod project on a Peugeot 405 and i am trying to find some parts that would fit it and that would make it better. My question is if some TA-Technix 206 suspension kit will fit my 405? Thanks for your time! Cheers!

·
Registered
881 Posts
For a start nothing on a 206 will fit a 405,secondly what model 405 do you have? whatever you have the only way to lower the suspension would be with shorter front coil springs and adjusting the rear torsion bar ride height.

The sports 405 model was a 405Mi16.If you find one of those you will have a "sports suspension kit".Remember though everything you will be dealing with will be old,tired,rusty and difficult to dismantle.

All this brings back memories for me,when I was a "boy racer" in the early 90`s.
My bat mobile was a 405Mi16x4,one of the most underrated cars of that time.
16v,4x4,LSD front & rear,active ride hydro rear suspension.I had it chipped,wide speadlines etc,150 mph and stick to the road like glue. Brilliant car.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thank you for your reply. I currently own a 1991 Peugeot 405 SRi. It is my first car and i have thought of moving on to a platform that would allow me to modify it. But then i thought that resto mods on Peugeots are not really a thing so why not do it? I study Autumotive Engineering so i figured i'll design the necessary changes in my build but i first wanted to find an existing way to make the car lower and stiffer for beter handling. I am fully aware of the state in which the parts will be in but i am in no rush. Thank you for everything! This is my baby <3

Attachments

·
Registered
881 Posts
Hi Hori0010,
What a shame you are miles away from me in the UK.(where are you?)
I still have a few 405 parts left,including a fully reconditioned cylinder head for a SRi.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Maybe you can make the 307 front strut and hub carrier to fit.
They at least share the same ball joint thread size at M38x1.5mm, so you can mount a 405 ball joint to the bottom of the 307 carrier.

But you would need to check the lengths etc. of the strut/damper assy.

Easiest is possibly just to buy some new uprated dampers and front springs for it.
Rear you can use Peugeot Partner or Citroen Berlingo torsion bars that are a bit thicker and stiffer than the orginal ones.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Btw. I did put a new Peugeot Partner rear subframe tube on my 405 due to the old one having worn bearing races.

Fitted the uprated torsion bars at the same time:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts