Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Im looking on any info on a fault i have with my speedo,the fault is when im driving along say 30 mph the speedo will drop to 20mph(but no decrease in the actually vehicle speed) and if you accelarate it will climb but wont go above 30mph but you are actually doing about 50mph,i dont know if this is just a Coincidence but this has only accured since removing the front drivers side wheel hub when i was changing the bottom balljoint.any info would be much appreciated,thanks

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Nearly sure its something to do with the abs sensor ,i would check around this area , but i`m sure some of the other guys will be more specific later on , i think the speedo gets it`s signal through here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bettyswollocks
Had a luck at front sensor and it was the problem,the boot gaitor had come off covering everything in grease.
Cleaned it all up and all was fine.untill
Now i have another problem you might be able to help with,i went to start car this morning but had a flat battery it turned over but not enough to fire it up but as doing so the speedo needle bounced about and now it rests at 20mph when i am not moving and when im doing 30 it reads 50 any suggestions i will beat these gremlins lol:D

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
I take it you charged the battery or changed it , then try a Bsi Reset -

Ensure all doors are closed, leave drivers window open and remove key from the ignition.

Wait for 3 minutes (to be sure 5-10mins), disconnect the vehicle battery and wait 15 seconds.

Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do not open doors.).

Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.

Switch on the ignition and check system's functionality.

Start the engine and complete the system's check.

Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of many BSI related items.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts