Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me. My speedo is undereading, at 100 Km/hr am am showing 85, hence 2 speeding fines, can anyone give me a clue where to start. I am in the middle east hence the km/hr.
Thanks

·
Registered
821 Posts
I had similar problem with over-reading of about 10km/h. But when i was changing the LED's on my speedo, i re-placed the needle onto the axis at slightly lower position, and voila, it was around 1km/h error from there. Now i am not sure if this is proper procedure, there might be some pp setting or whatever calibration, but i dont know about it, and this seemed to work for me. :)

·
Registered
821 Posts
For that big of a difference between speeds the change would have to be from ~14'' wheels to 17'', given that the tire height remained roughly the same :O

S

·
0 Posts
Yeah was going to say wheels as well,

If the wheels and tyres are different then the BSI needs reconfiguring to reflect this

You are also effectively clocking your car because the mileage will also be under reading!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only had car a year, wheels and tyres look the same as similar cars, I will check but expect there to be a very apparent difference which there is'nt. Is there some kind of calibration setting, I have no idea how speed is sensed or given to the speedo, could it be a sensor ????

·
Registered
821 Posts
doubt it that its a sensor. what speed does your on board computer say? im sure there must be some calibration setting in pp. is this new or did this just start happening?

·
5,041 Posts
post/pm your vin and i'll look on servicebox at what wheels your meant to have on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts