Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry the dials were actually from a 2006 307cc but they fit a 2004 307sw. So my question is will they will a 2002 307 hatch.

G

·
I'm not sure if they'll fit but one thing you have to look out for is that if the new speedo has higher mileage than your current one then thats what will be displayed,

I read somewhere that in situations like this (either changing the BSI or speedo cluster) that the highest mileage out of the two is what will be used

G

·
Correct, a lower mileage speedo will read the higher mileage stored in the BSI and display that instead (as far as i'm led to beleive anyway, i havent changed mine so cant be 100% on it!) :thumb:

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
307 speedometer, 2004 307cc in 307 hatch

Ive asked this question before but just want to confirm. This is a 2005 speedo from a 307cc. Want to put it into a 2002 307 1.4hdi.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PEUGEOT-307-c...CarParts_SM?hash=item439cb59c05#ht_500wt_1182

Now I am 100% sure the dimensions are fine and will fit ok but this is coming out of a petrol and going into a diesel, will there be any complications here.

Also as you can see the rev counter goes to 8000 revs and it has a small lcd screen which mine hasnt. Speedo is also clocked to 150, my 1.4hdi only goes to 130.

Have asked a few sellers on ebay and they said it will be fine.....but just not sure.

Seller also confirmed mileage is 60,000 so less than mine so mileage will still display correctly......

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
daffyduck said:
Ive asked this question before but just want to confirm. This is a 2005 speedo from a 307cc. Want to put it into a 2002 307 1.4hdi.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PEUGEOT-307-c...CarParts_SM?hash=item439cb59c05#ht_500wt_1182

Now I am 100% sure the dimensions are fine and will fit ok but this is coming out of a petrol and going into a diesel, will there be any complications here.

Also as you can see the rev counter goes to 8000 revs and it has a small lcd screen which mine hasnt. Speedo is also clocked to 150, my 1.4hdi only goes to 130.

Have asked a few sellers on ebay and they said it will be fine.....but just not sure.

Seller also confirmed mileage is 60,000 so less than mine so mileage will still display correctly......
right guys.. 307 does not have its mileage saved in places.. its only saved in the speedo.. unlike 407, 607 and 807 where its saved in the speedo and BSI..

therefore, I reckon it would show the mileage in the new speedo..

wrt the rev counter, it would work but it might not go upto 8000 rps as your cars ECU might not be mapped to go up that high.. :thumb:

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mixed opinions everywhere.....:( well only one way to find out, have just bought one for £45 delivered, so will post back if it works....

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just received, fits ok, plugs in ok but doesnt work for shit. Do you think I could swap about the plastic dials ok,,

Picture....nothing works, no mileage displayed, no fuel gauge, rev counter speed, absolutely nothing,

....cant upload pic, its too big:(

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just swapped about the plastic dials and its works perfect, well near enough, the needles are messed up so need to take a closer look at them.

Does anyone know how to adjust the needles, I thought the car would do it for you as I had half a tank of fuel before, now I only have a notch.

·
Registered
184 Posts
daffyduck said:
Just received, fits ok, plugs in ok but doesnt work for shit. Do you think I could swap about the plastic dials ok,,

Picture....nothing works, no mileage displayed, no fuel gauge, rev counter speed, absolutely nothing,

....cant upload pic, its too big:(
Isn't it like the stereo etc and needs setting up on planet or something?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got it going, when your putting the needles back in you dont turn them in any way, you just push them in when pointed at 0.

All working, nice white dials. Will have to get some blue leds for them now like a few ppl have done here.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Another thing with the speedo...if i put one that has Kph reading instead of miles in my car from europe...wanted the glass from it...but its a new one...can i just put it in or does it have to coded to the car or something..

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi Pete...there is two small holes at the bottom of the speedo on each side.....you can do one at at time or both....anyway..stick a screwdriver.A phillips will do..down the hole...try to find one that is small as to fit hole and doesnt have to be to long maybe five inches thats the metal bit not all of it....anyway....the speedo is held in with a metal clips on each side so when you push in the metal clips moves down and the plastic tab that is behind it can move forward which is attached to the speedo...this is where a flat head comes in handy..to try and move speedo out.Place it in the side.Dont push to much with flat head as you dont want to break plastic glass..or you could try to pull on the plastic..If you moves the clips right it should come out easy...remember keep the pressure on clip as you dont want it to go back into place....anyway thats it...if you like some pictures of the clips i can send..as i put my speedo back but not all the way as i waiting to get my Leds to change the colour before i put it fully back...

Oh nearly forgot....when removing....the speedo has like plastic tabs at the top..they are not glued or anything....but fit at the top in the dash...so when removing speedo..Pull it from the bottom and up..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.