Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there,

my speedometer needle on my 405 does not stay still its like this :nod: , when i drive at slow speed it goes up and down, but when i do 100 mph then it stays still. is there any solution for this problem?

thanks

ahmed

·
Registered
862 Posts
ahmed said:
hi there,

my speedometer needle on my 405 does not stay still its like this :nod: , when i drive at slow speed it goes up and down, but when i do 100 mph then it stays still. is there any solution for this problem?

thanks

ahmed

this is one of two things or both
vehicle speed sensor fault
and/or speed sensor ECU mounted behind the glove box-big black box-replace this first and DONT get caught driving at 100mph or its :wave2: licence.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
one more problem, the main radiator vomits out water from the bonnet through its cap heating is workin perfectly fine

·
Registered
862 Posts
ahmed said:
one more problem, the main radiator vomits out water from the bonnet through its cap heating is workin perfectly fine
DAMAGED RADIATOR?drain and flush the entire system fill it with water / anti-freeze and then bleed the system properly, chuck in some radweld in for good measure and hopefully this will help you a new radiator cap probably wouldnt hurt either its well worth trying this.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Headlights, indicators, rear dimister, front wipers, central locking, engine management system, cooling fans, fuel pump, steering pump, park lights, electric windows, mirrors etc etc all require relays to drive them with out them no car !!!! New peugeots have them integrated onboard the pcb and insome cases they don't have them as there is no need for a relay in a multiplexed system where the indicators are driven by the negative side of the circuit. hope this helps.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do you know where the main engine management relay is located in peugeot 405 1.9 turbo diesel 1995 model?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes, the car is starting to decrease power, every thing is fine, but it starts in second go

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes, its the abs light which is bugging me and other warning lights dont bother to come on like the diagnostic light

·
Registered
862 Posts
ahmed said:
yes, its the abs light which is bugging me and other warning lights dont bother to come on like the diagnostic light

RE-the abs light.it could be a problem with one of the sensors at the wheels or it could be the abs pump itself. You should also chaeck for blown fuses. Is the brake fluid at the proper level?

as for the lights etc not working-
The first thing to try is the multi plugs on the back are tight, remove instrument cluster and check the connections from the 2 multi plugs are ok, sometimes just disconnecting and reconnecting the plugs can fix this.
Failing that make sure the printed cicuit is ok,eg no burnt or black bits and the gauges are seated to the backing properly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts