Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have an issue with the speedo display on a Peugeot 407 and was wondering how easy it will be to swap it for a fully serviceable second hand unit with the same part number. I understand that the replacement speedo will default to the highest mileage (taken from the BSI or Speedo) but am unsure on whether the immobiliser will need recoding afterwards?

The contingency is to simply swap the offending article (MFD) between the two speedos but again I am not sure if this is easy etc, so may choose the first option first!

Looking to check the feasibility before I go ahead if anyone has done this please?

Thanks.

·
5,087 Posts
Be careful on this. I have heard stories where both mileages are added together when this is tried. Is your mileage display fading ??

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Trem1,

This is the issue.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1365844426.522439.jpg

Can't work out how so many pixels have failed though, seen stuck pixels before but nothing like that. Bought the car like that so not sure if they just appeared or developed to be like that over time...

Any ideas? Thanks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorted. Bought a second hand identical part number speedo, fitted it. Luckily, Speedo odometer display automatically changed to mileage of old unit.

A little disappointed the trip computer stays in the middle MFD but only flashes up on the speedo display though, would be better to fully utilise my serviceable speedo display :nono: Anyway, another to issue to cross off.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts