Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 307 1.4 hdi with a faulty set of clocks reading nearly a million miles. So my question is is the milage definitely stored in the ecu/bsi aswell as the clocks. I fear if i just change the ecu then it will show nearly a million again.
Can anyone confirm from first hand experience not heresay that milage is definitely stored elsewhere and not just in the speedo. Some reports say It is only stored in the clocks?

The car i bought failed mot for excessive smoke from the exhaust. Wheni took it for a drive and booted it there was a puff of whiteish smoke for a few miles then the smoking stopped and drove like normal? Anyone had this issue? I wont get a chance to get it on my lexia til saturday to see if it can point me in the rightdirection but there is currently no engine management light on.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
There are many posts from people who have fitted clocks from breakers then asking how they can get them to read the lower mileage that their cars had before. Changing the clocks with a higher reading will cause the higher reading to overwrite the lower reading. Likewise changing the BSI & ECU from a donor vehicle with a higher mileage will cause that higher figure to overwrite the lower figure in the clocks.

It is a design to stop unscrupulous people from clocking high mileage cars by simply fitting the clocks from a low mileage write off.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks storeman!

I plugged my lexia in today and there were no faults. I then decided to check the figures the injectors are giving and found they were quite different. Would this suggest injector 2 and 3 are not functioning correctly? Or is it a case of having to do a leak off test to know for sure?

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts