Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi folks. I’ve Recently purchased a 2014 508 Active 1.6eHDi with 83k miles on the clock.

Absolutely love the car ... but have noticed that the analog speedo is reporting 5-6mpg below that of the digital display. This means that when I set the cruise control for say 50mph based on the analog display, the apparently more accurate digital display is saying I’m actually doing 56mph. Not good when I’m in a 50mph average speed limit for roadworks a lot.

It’s usually the analog that over reports the actual speed so your speed is a few mph lower than actual to save you getting speeding fines.

Any one else have this issue or know how it can be fixed?

thanks all 😁

·
Registered
424 Posts
You should use your mobile phone and some GPS app to see how fast you go and compare it to the speeds on your dash. This will let you know what is more accurate.
My car shows 130 km/h when I actually go 125 km/h (after fitting new tires 126 km/h).

Reactions: Oli-S

·
Registered
75 Posts
What size tyres do you have on the car? If someone in the past has changed the size and done so incorrectly (ie changed the overall diameter too much) this would lead to under or over reading of the speedometer. I don’t know if the digital speedo gets its information elsewhere though so this may not be the culprit at all, but it’s a thing to check of the list I reckon

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
AFAIK: Modern Peugeot stuff gets the speed & distance travelled signals via the ABS system.

It is odd that the digital speed display & analogue speedo display are showing different readings.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Is there any chance that the needle has been removed previously? Where does it rest when the vehicle is switched off?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts