Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, did you have some problems with the speed limiter? Mine worked very well and then all of the sudden stopped. It says there's an open loop somewhere or something like that.

Did you have similar experience? And how did you fix it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I was going to do that today after work, but thought maybe someone experienced similar problem and knows the answer straight away :) Although, I think there's just this one fault I already posted above "Open loop problem".

·
12,098 Posts
It could be your brake switch, but best to get a diagnostic first to try and confirm it.

Although on my 407 I got "cruise control faulty" fault and there was no error code stored. I think fellow member STOREMAN had the same issue.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, here I am with the diagnostics... Under: Engine ECU it shows two faults:

Permanent fault. Vehicle speed limitation Short-circuit to positive or circuit open
and
Permanent fault. Vehicle speed limitation Coherence of the sensor voltage

Also it shows P1614 as the ECU fault code.

My lower ball joint is due for replacement. Could it be connected to this problem somehow?

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am not really sure where to look there. Do you have a pic maybe? Is it under the carpet or where? How does it look like?

Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys, but I think I found it under the wheel, near the brake. My drive has the wheel on the proper side, so you go figure out :)

Anyway, I checked the switch and it looked good, nothing suspicious. I'll try to measure its impedance today and see if it rings a bell, if not then there's something else wrong. I should mention that cruise control works just perfect. I set the speed and when I break, it automatically turns off (as it should). The speed limiter, however, gives the error immediately after switching it on. Doesn't even allow me to set the speed.

I need to know whether the brake switch is definitely causing the problem before replacing it.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
They aren't very expensive from auto factors so not much to lose in replacing it anyway manca.
He's got a car that the passenger drives Gibbo, he would have never found it in his passenger footwell.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem with my 2007 407 and speed limiter.
But I have a different error.

I have open and try to clean switch in a pedal and also brake switch, with no luck. I have measured impedance on pedal switch and get some results, so it is not broken. Brake switch works, I have cleaned it with wd40, I saw in some other thread that can cause problems. What to do next ?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Ok, here I am with the diagnostics... Under: Engine ECU it shows two faults:

Permanent fault. Vehicle speed limitation Short-circuit to positive or circuit open
and
Permanent fault. Vehicle speed limitation Coherence of the sensor voltage

Also it shows P1614 as the ECU fault code.

My lower ball joint is due for replacement. Could it be connected to this problem somehow?

Thanks a lot.
this is a real stab in the dark but might help ? on the bottom of the throttle pedal is a button that clicks when you press the throttle to the floor to over ride limiter and cruise, check its operation and wiring.. may be this is what the faults are refereing to ...

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I fitted an accelerator pedal with the button but still occasionally get *speed control system faulty* on the MFD. It is more pronounced on limiter than cruise but leaves no fault codes or live data. Brake switch and clutch switch have been changed and re installation hasn't sorted it so next job was to clean all the earth points, this was mentioned in another forum causing another system to earth through the speed control system, and turning it off.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts