Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Wondering if anyone might be able to help on this.

I run a 2006 407SW 2.0 HDI SE, low mileage, absolute mint and has no electrical gremlins.....apart from an intermittent warning "Speed Control System Faulty"

Only happens on start, usually after less than a minute. Restarting once or twice usually sorts it.
Cruise can work fine for weeks, then plays up and can have intermittent problem for a few days, then back to normal.
Brake light works when error is up....had seen on some posts that some older models had a shared switch for cruise control with brake light
I've seen some people say they get this error along with Depolution Filter fault. Not for me, just "Speed Control System Faulty". No loss of power, and car drives fine.

I'm thinking it might be a loose connection somewhere, but other than the stalk unit by the steering column, don't know where else to look. Nothing in Haynes, other than unit on the column.

This has been an outstanding car, never misses a beat, no problems whatsoever, other than this little niggle. I do quite high motorway miles, so keen to fix it.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Cheers

A.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Hi mate,

Its going to be hard to check everything without planet / diagbox, as the software has a feature to test all switches / sensors relevant.

I believe for the cruise control to work, there is a switch on the brake pedal, the clutch pedal, and in the gearbox (so it knows what gear you are in).

Other than that, you could try removing and cleaning the cruise control stalk, but they are clipped in pretty tight, so it is unlikely to be the issue.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
The brake switch has two physical switches in one body. They both need to work and the system needs to see one operate before the other. I've had two cars where the cruise side of the brake switch was intermittent and caused errors to show. A new switch cured both.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi folks,

Many thanks for the pointers. Greatly appreciated, and will explore switches etc accordingly.

Have a great Xmas

A.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts