Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi......has anyone purchased the speed camera's for the 3008 SUV (2017)?
Are they like the Tomtom format?
I suppose at 12p per day they could be worth it

·
Registered
342 Posts
Are they like the Tomtom format?
I suppose at 12p per day they could be worth it
I have a dash cam installed which I bought at £90 and this advises me of speed cameras. Can't remember what robbing Peugeot charge but bet it isn't cheap.
:thumb:

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
£139 for 3 years. I politely declined their kind offer!

Reactions: Blaugrana314

·
Registered
204 Posts
I paid the £139 and am pleased with it.

It shows on the map a graphic with all the speed cameras for your route, and gives an audible noise and countdown graphic when approaching one, and an audible noise when you have passed the camera.

It also gives a graphic in the dashboard display, showing there is a camera warning and showing you the type, e.g. speed camera/traffic light camera.

Its integrated nicely and works very well.

·
Administrator
2,833 Posts
By breaking it down to 12p a day, it doesn't sound a bad deal.

As I've never had a speeding fine ever, how much are they now for interest?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Speeding fines

They are based now not only on the speed you were doing but a % of your earnings so could be cheap or could be expensive !!!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have the 3 year Speed Camera option, but I was seriously trialling the TomTom Android speed camera app (I don't think it is available for IOS) which was very good, it even worked automatically in my pocket whenever the phone was connected to the Car by bluetooth so you didn't have to remember to enable it each time. The only reason I went for the Peugeot/TomTom is because it was included as a little inducement :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
I would be good if Peugeot and Tom Tom could come up with a system were the Sat Nav was linked to the cruise control speed limiter so you automatically drove under the speed limit. Maybe to come in the future.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I would be good if Peugeot and Tom Tom could come up with a system were the Sat Nav was linked to the cruise control speed limiter so you automatically drove under the speed limit. Maybe to come in the future.
Did I read this is possible somewhere?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
They are based now not only on the speed you were doing but a % of your earnings so could be cheap or could be expensive !!!!
Fixed penalty is still 3 points and £100. eg. upto 49 mph in a 30 limit

The fines you are talking about are for when you get caught over and above the fixed penalty threshold which tend to be 20mph over any limit. eg. 51 mph in a 30 will get you a court case and fines as you describe.

I think I read somewhere the new 20mph limits in towns and cities are different and more strict.

Well done Beau for being a goody two shoes!! :lol: (Joke)

Grumpy.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks JupiterMan, I think I'll invest in the camera package maybe cheaper in the long run.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Not true in every case grumpy...

I got done in Wales early one sunday morning 3 years back for doing 48 in a 30.....Road was 60 coming Into 30 and they were lay In wait 100 yards the other side of the 30...I was fined 800 quid plus 80 quid court costs and 80 quid victims surcharge....oh and 5 points the for good measure

That was not a good day ?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I thought the GT had speed recognition which stopped you speeding via the cc system somehow.

·
Registered
342 Posts

I got done in Wales early one sunday morning 3 years back for doing 48 in a 30.....Road was 60 coming Into 30 and they were lay In wait 100 yards the other side of the 30...I was fined 800 quid plus 80 quid court costs and 80 quid victims surcharge....oh and 5 points the for good measure

Wonder if it was North Wales? They are well known for this sort of action, that said, the law is the law as hard as it is sometimes. Sorry to hear you were penalised so hard.:(

·
Registered
342 Posts
Forgot to add before, hope I'm not banging on, but my little dash cam announces cameras well ahead and pings as a warning too. It is very accurate in pinpointing them. When I am in a mobile camera zone it repeats the fact. Must admit, haven't seen a mobile camera yet and wonder what the dash cam alert will be for a live one. Economically, a much better investment than giving Peugeot nearly £150. At least mine is a lifetime set up. Food for thought for anyone contemplating 'investing' more money in Peugeot.
:thumb:

·
Registered
342 Posts
The dashcam sounds great. Which model did you go for and are they easy to it? Thanks
Hi there, I hope I'm not breaking protocol by mentioning a specific brand etc on here but the dash cam I bought is a front facing Thinkware F50, basic price is around £80 but I wanted the cam active in parking mode with GPS. Around £100. So far I have received good support from the supplier & Thinkware.
I got mine fitted by a professional which cost £50 so in retrospect it cost more than signing up with Peugeot but I believe I get more value for money. Dash cam, active in parking mode, GPS (necessary if you have an incident as well), lifetime updates etc. Well worth checking out. Besides after all I've gone through with Peugeot & the dealership, just don't have any confidence :thumb:
Re the fitting, I am totally not DIY but I could understand how it works to fit. There are three wires for mine, an earth, easy peasy, one for the battery fuse, one to the starting switch fuse. The internal fuse box on the 3008 is located in the glove compartment behind the air freshener. The camera & GPS are mounted first then the cable is pushed into the roof and door lining and into the glove box. That'it in a nutshell. Wouldn't attempt it myself on a brand new car hence the professional fitter.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts

That surprises me a little to be honest. Maybe the rules are slightly different over in Wales? I just had a driver done for 52 in a 40 and got the fixed penalty. That was on the M25 in the variable speed limit area. Plonker!

Maybe Beau can shed some light? It seems he could be plod...

Grumpy

·
Registered
273 Posts
Anyone purchased the speed camera option after taking delivery? my supplying dealer is miles away

3008 1.2 Man GT Line Pearl White (40.2mpg)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts