Peugeot Forums banner

Speed Cameras

9K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  Nagaman 
#1 ·
#2 · (Edited)
There are lots of speed camera apps in the various phone app stores some probably quite good, the one thing they all rely on they have to be running on your phone, meaning the car driver has to remember to start the app for each journey. The beauty of the TomTom speed camera's on the 3008 its integrated get in the car drive off and it works without any interaction from the driver. That's the theory anyway, when it works it does work well, where it falls over it gets the Speed camera's from a live stream that TomTom sends out and is received via the cars inbuilt sim if you go into a area with no sim coverage you loose that stream and will have no camera warnings, it runs off one of the mobile networks we don't know which. again if the mobile network gets congested this may stop the stream. I and others that have the TomTom camera's have had problems in the past where it worked fine going somewhere but didn't work on the way back. This does seem to have improved over the last week or so. I am happy with the TomTom offering and have learnt to check the status every so often that it is connected.

#8 ·
There are lots of speed camera apps in the various phone app stores some probably quite good, the one thing they all rely on they have to be running on your phone, meaning the car driver has to remember to start the app for each journey.
Not true if you have the FREE TomTom speed camera android app (I don't think it's available for IOS) as it will automatically start when it detects your phone connecting to a nominated bluetooth device (i.e. your vehicle). It also stops when you switch off and blue tooth disconnects - it works well :)

#7 ·
I'm new to tomtom and very impressed with it.

The speed camera icon also flashes up in the driver display (also showing type of camera, e.g. Speed or traffic light) and gives audible signal through the stereo. Works v well.

#6 ·
I think i read somewhere on here you can set your cruise control to limit to the speed the traffic sign camera see`s that would do a similar thing i suppose. I can understand why people want it but i thought it was too expensive and my dealer would not budge on the price.

#12 ·
I'm yet to get my live services working so I can't comment on how well they work. In the meantime could someone who has managed to get them working and has subscribed to the speed cams just clear a point for me....

Does a speed cam database download into the cars system and the subscription is then used for live updates and warnings by other drivers of recently placed cameras/live police checks?

or

When the subscription runs out do we lose all speed cam information until we renew the subscription?

I'm hoping its the former as I seem to recall someone posting what looked like a screenshot of a download from the French myPeugeot site.

#13 ·
As far as I can tell once we stop paying we loose the camera's because they are live and update every 2 minutes. If connection is lost to TomTom Live services then wee have no speed camera detection, it relies totally on a live connection. That's the way I understand it.

#23 ·
In fact I've had nothing from Peugeot or the dealer since I picked the car up. Most manufacturers normally send something out like a welcome letter, but absolutely nothing. According to Peugeot the questionnaire is supposed to come from the dealer, so after the problems I had with mine I don't suppose they particularly want my feedback. I imagine there may be a few others on here who might not get their questionnaire either, especially if they've dared to complain about the dealer they purchased from.

#24 ·
My salesman gave me a survey to complete with all the other paperwork I was signing at the time. I didn't sign it and I can't remember my name being anywhere but it went in the file with my other documents. It might have been an internal survey because he stressed that my rating would reflect on him personally.

#25 ·
When you pick your car up you may be asked to fill out a small survey this is a dealer survey and something your particular dealership does. The main survey is the one from Peugeot UK your invited to complete this on line survey via email usually 2 weeks after you collect you car, this is the one your dealer and sales person are most worried about.

Those wishing to complete the online survey who haven't had this email invite within 3 weeks of cars collection should contact Peugeot customer care, who I am sure will arrange for it to be sent.

Doing this online survey is your chance to stick two fingers up at your dealer for bad service or praise them for good. There seems a few that have had bad service where this survey has mysteriously not been sent.

#26 ·
I spoke to Peugeot Customer Care and they denied that any surveys come from them, and that I should contact my dealer. I didn't think that sounded right, as the dealer could alter the feedback and forward it, or not forward it, to suit themselves. Unfortunately some of the people in Peugeot CC seem to be thick as two short planks, and not even aware of really basic procedures like this.

#27 ·
The email I got was from customersatisfaction.uk@peugeot-ipsos.com

Dear Customer,

You have recently purchased a new car from our network and we would like to thank you.

With the cooperation of the Ipsos research institute, we would like to ask you some simple and quick questions in order to continually improve the service we deliver to our customers.

#28 ·
There must be a different situation in Victoria because some of the cameras are not active and the only way to find out is to plug in the the pc > TomTom > MyDrive Connect and it will tell you either it's up to date or an update symbol which is either a map update or the frequent speed cameras that are active for the day at least.....usually 2 - 3 days.
The latest version updates via WiFi without the need to take it from the car and plug it in.
That's why I'm hoping (eventually?) the WiFi capability of the car gets the updates from my home internet connection.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.