Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Now i have not yet got my new 3008 , but reading through this forum i have learnt a lot , speed cameras seems to be a big subject , have not tried this yet ( can't ) but found this on the internet !!......Features - Speed Cameras - Sygic | Bringing life to maps
There are lots of speed camera apps in the various phone app stores some probably quite good, the one thing they all rely on they have to be running on your phone, meaning the car driver has to remember to start the app for each journey. The beauty of the TomTom speed camera's on the 3008 its integrated get in the car drive off and it works without any interaction from the driver. That's the theory anyway, when it works it does work well, where it falls over it gets the Speed camera's from a live stream that TomTom sends out and is received via the cars inbuilt sim if you go into a area with no sim coverage you loose that stream and will have no camera warnings, it runs off one of the mobile networks we don't know which. again if the mobile network gets congested this may stop the stream. I and others that have the TomTom camera's have had problems in the past where it worked fine going somewhere but didn't work on the way back. This does seem to have improved over the last week or so. I am happy with the TomTom offering and have learnt to check the status every so often that it is connected.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I think i read somewhere on here you can set your cruise control to limit to the speed the traffic sign camera see`s that would do a similar thing i suppose. I can understand why people want it but i thought it was too expensive and my dealer would not budge on the price.

·
Registered
226 Posts
There are lots of speed camera apps in the various phone app stores some probably quite good, the one thing they all rely on they have to be running on your phone, meaning the car driver has to remember to start the app for each journey.
Not true if you have the FREE TomTom speed camera android app (I don't think it's available for IOS) as it will automatically start when it detects your phone connecting to a nominated bluetooth device (i.e. your vehicle). It also stops when you switch off and blue tooth disconnects - it works well :)

·
Registered
683 Posts
Not true if you have the FREE TomTom speed camera android app (I don't think it's available for IOS) as it will automatically start when it detects your phone connecting to a nominated bluetooth device (i.e. your vehicle). It also stops when you switch off and blue tooth disconnects - it works well :)
Pity its not available for IOS devices, sounds good, has it got adverts that come up, how often are the camera's updated, does it store the camera's on the phone or does it rely on the data of your phone like TomTom Live but the 3008 using the cars sim.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have that, still getting used to it. OK for free!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Pity its not available for IOS devices, sounds good, has it got adverts that come up, how often are the camera's updated, does it store the camera's on the phone or does it rely on the data of your phone like TomTom Live but the 3008 using the cars sim.
Hi Fontie, certainly no adverts but not sure about your other questions, you can report cameras so it should be upto date. I am trialling it to see if I can get away without spending the £139 on the 3008 speed camera offering from Peugeot/TomTom. So far it has picked up all the speed cameras I know around me so it 9is looking good at the moment but I need a longer trial to make sure.

As the app loads automatically, I just leave my phone in my pocket and can hear the alerts, but when I get my 3008 I plan to take it out of my pocket and put it on the GT-Line wireless charging plate so as not to run the battery low on a long run.

Although I don't use it like this, it can work in conjunction with other sat-nav app like waze/google maps etc.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I'm yet to get my live services working so I can't comment on how well they work. In the meantime could someone who has managed to get them working and has subscribed to the speed cams just clear a point for me....

Does a speed cam database download into the cars system and the subscription is then used for live updates and warnings by other drivers of recently placed cameras/live police checks?

or

When the subscription runs out do we lose all speed cam information until we renew the subscription?

I'm hoping its the former as I seem to recall someone posting what looked like a screenshot of a download from the French myPeugeot site.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I'm yet to get my live services working so I can't comment on how well they work. In the meantime could someone who has managed to get them working and has subscribed to the speed cams just clear a point for me....

Does a speed cam database download into the cars system and the subscription is then used for live updates and warnings by other drivers of recently placed cameras/live police checks?

or

When the subscription runs out do we lose all speed cam information until we renew the subscription?

I'm hoping its the former as I seem to recall someone posting what looked like a screenshot of a download from the French myPeugeot site.
As far as I can tell once we stop paying we loose the camera's because they are live and update every 2 minutes. If connection is lost to TomTom Live services then wee have no speed camera detection, it relies totally on a live connection. That's the way I understand it.

·
Registered
853 Posts
As far as I can tell once we stop paying we loose the camera's because they are live and update every 2 minutes. If connection is lost to TomTom Live services then wee have no speed camera detection, it relies totally on a live connection. That's the way I understand it.
I was hoping that wasn't the case.

I've posed the same question and others relating to live services to Peugeot customer services trying to find out why my dealer and some other dealers are having real problems getting vehicles logged on. They have not yet provided any answers other than "get the dealer to contact us when it's in their workshop". So I have to wait until the 12th May to get any answers.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I was hoping that wasn't the case.

I've posed the same question and others relating to live services to Peugeot customer services trying to find out why my dealer and some other dealers are having real problems getting vehicles logged on. They have not yet provided any answers other than "get the dealer to contact us when it's in their workshop". So I have to wait until the 12th May to get any answers.
I can only think TomTom have done it that way in an effort to combat software piracy of their maps.

I am surprised your car hasn't connected as its been awaiting activation on the My Peugeot app for a while now, maybe there is a problem on your car, was the 12th the earliest your dealer could get you in, seems a long wait

·
Registered
853 Posts
I can only think TomTom have done it that way in an effort to combat software piracy of their maps.

I am surprised your car hasn't connected as its been awaiting activation on the My Peugeot app for a while now, maybe there is a problem on your car, was the 12th the earliest your dealer could get you in, seems a long wait
It was going to be the 19th May but they "squeezed" me in on the 12th.

·
Registered
683 Posts
It was going to be the 19th May but they "squeezed" me in on the 12th.
That's got to be over a 4 week wait for them to look at it, have you filled out the survey pity if you have you could have used it as leverage.

I reckon they have given you a date that's so long in the hope it connects before then. have you tried pushing the Peugeot connect button say its a test to check the cars sim is working because you have no connected services see what they then say.

·
Registered
853 Posts
That's got to be over a 4 week wait for them to look at it, have you filled out the survey pity if you have you could have used it as leverage.

I reckon they have given you a date that's so long in the hope it connects before then. have you tried pushing the Peugeot connect button say its a test to check the cars sim is working because you have no connected services see what they then say.
I haven't had any surveys to fill in at all. As for the Peugeot connect button, that was tried last time I had the car at the dealers. They got through to someone in France!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.