Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

Im new here, i was driving home yesterday and my passenger front and rear have blown, my question is how easy our speakers in a 206 to change?

Does the whole panel need taking off the dorr or does the little cover just come off?

Any advice would be much appreicated......

Im clueless when its comes to cars so what would be best speakers to replace the standard ones? I have a pioneer stereo that gives quite a lot of output, hense why I think my speakers have blown, they were making a distorted noise for quite some time now, and was meanign to get them sorted but definatly need to now :)

·
Registered
862 Posts
marvelboy said:
Hi Everyone

Im new here, i was driving home yesterday and my passenger front and rear have blown, my question is how easy our speakers in a 206 to change?

Does the whole panel need taking off the dorr or does the little cover just come off?

Any advice would be much appreicated......

Im clueless when its comes to cars so what would be best speakers to replace the standard ones? I have a pioneer stereo that gives quite a lot of output, hense why I think my speakers have blown, they were making a distorted noise for quite some time now, and was meanign to get them sorted but definatly need to now :)

Hi and welcome to the forum :thumb:

Changing the front or rear speakers in your 206..

There are a lot of manufacturers out there that will do custom fit speakers, these will fit directly and replace the original peugeot speakers in the front and rear doors.

Front speakers :- 16.5 cm in lower door,
tweeter in wing mirror lever housing.(cars with electric mirrors only)

How to change them-

You will have to take the door card off, there are several several screws around the edge of the black plastic on the door and also in the handle,then you have just to pull the door card from the clips that it is attached to and the speakers will be easily accesable.

Woulg for one of the well known brands- alpine,jbl,kenwood or why not get pioneer speakers to match the head unit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what about the rear ones do you know the measurement for these?

can i leave the little panel off to show the speakers off??

·
Registered
862 Posts
marvelboy said:
do you have any idea how much a company would charge for fitting speakers?

They would charge more than you think. It is not a difficult job to tackle yourself,once the door card is of it takes minutes honestly. Dont ask peugeot to do it find a good local garage and there is always halfrauds, sometimes they do free fitting on selected ranges.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Quite easy to change mate. I decided to disconnect my rear speakers and used the wires with 6x9's (So they are running directly off my head unit). I did the same with the front, but with some nice JBL speakers. The rear panel isn't hard to take off. The front door cars are easy to remove, then its just 4 screws holding the speakers in place. Its a 20 minute job if your mechanical minded. :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts