Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Has anyone got any idea which wire is +\- in the new 308? I need to make sure I've got them all set the same for polarity issues as I am lacking a bit depth in my new speakers. Pretty sure I've got something mixed up somewhere?

Ps. Also posted in 308 forum and modifications ;)

·
Registered
888 Posts
If you did a mistake and change + and - on all speakers, that is no mistake at all, bass should be nice and loud, depend of speakers. But if you mistake on one or more speakers, than you turn phase for 180 degrees and lack of depth will occur. Try to use balance and fade control and listen.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I'll give it a go mate. But have you any idea which cable is + or - out of interest? :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I've got you now... As long as I keep to the same colour wires to the same connections, eg. Black & red coloured cable as my negs, and plain black as my positives, it doesn't matter? Am I right? :)

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
You got the idea. In a stereo system, if you swap the connectors on one speaker you loose some bass response. This is due to one speaker cone moving in while the other is moving out instead of both cones moving in or out at the same time. Sounds weird but it's all about how the speakers move air around. A 4 speaker system is still stereo with the channels duplicated (unless it is a true surround system fed with true surround sound informartion) so the phenomenon remains

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers for your help mate. I'm going to check this week to make sure I e not mixed anything up! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts