Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a 3 door 2001 model 307 which only has speakers in the front. I want to fit speakers into the parcel shelf and possibly into the empty space in the back where speakers can be fitted (btw I'm not trying to "trick out my ride", I'm a musician and I appreciate a good sound :D).

To fit these speakers do you need to wire them directly into the back of the head unit or can you add them on to the wiring from the speakers in the door?

Also how easy is it to get into the speaker space in the back?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
green307owner said:
Hi. I have a 3 door 2001 model 307 which only has speakers in the front. I want to fit speakers into the parcel shelf and possibly into the empty space in the back where speakers can be fitted (btw I'm not trying to "trick out my ride", I'm a musician and I appreciate a good sound :D).

To fit these speakers do you need to wire them directly into the back of the head unit or can you add them on to the wiring from the speakers in the door?

Also how easy is it to get into the speaker space in the back?

Thanks
you cant wire it from the speakers in the door.. although you could but it would not give you good quality (polarity issues), most cars are already wired..

does yours have speakers in the rear doors too??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it's only a 3 door but there is a grill kind of thing in the back where you could put speakers but as it's a pretty basic model there aren't any.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah i also have a 307 and the speakers are apparantley well known to bust after a couple years! unless ur a grannie and always play ur music low:rolleyes: ??.. anyway my speakers also need replacing completely, they only play a song when its quite! THE BEST THING TO DO IS TAKE YOUR CAR TO A AUDIO PLACE AND JUST MAKE THEM FIT SOME NEW SPEAKERS IN THE BACK FOR YOU..:thumb:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Speaker Installation 307

I dont know per say. But I too am installing a set of amplified components, and Ill be running all new wiring. with all the Ive put into this beast, I dont want the thickness/purity of the speaker wire to be its downfall.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.