Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I've just brought a W reg Peugeot Partner and there's quite a few things need doing. One of the minor things is the drivers side speakers are not working and was wondering if there's a fuse or something it could be?

·
2,256 Posts
Hi...speaker wires arnt generally fused so I would check the speaker actually works and then look for a broken wire where the door loom, by the hinges goes to the dash....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've swapped them with the passenger side and they work fine both dash and door speakers. So will go check for broken wires now :) thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just been out and going over the loom I can't see any breaks in the wiring is the anything else it could be?

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Is it the original head unit or has an aftermarket unit been fitted.

If aftermarket then it may well have had the cables poorly spliced into the loom and one has come away.

It could also be that the speaker balance has been moved completely over to the left.

·
2,256 Posts
now its a case of checking continuity to the head unit....my old 306 had a wire fault in the door loom but it wasnt obvious because the wire sheathing was intact....it was broken inside

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for that, it indeed aftermarket I will have to go take it out and have a look how well it's been installed! Judging by the rest of the van I'd assume not very well! Previous owner seems like a bodgit type guy ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts